• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crab Kicked Off Team, Devin Suspended Two Games

And how do we know it's weed? What if it was a fight? It would explain a lot about the chemistry issue.

More foundation and culture talk from Wellman. Sees absolutely nothing wrong with having a completely inexperienced staff.

First time all day I had the chance to check the boards. Wowzers. Dumpster. Fire.

Wellman was fine with the direction of the program under name redacted!!! New culture, attitude "Oh Heavens Yes" Only item lacking was not enough wins. Wish the turd would just disappear and go away.

What struck me about the Wellman interview was how many talking points have been EXACTLY the same from year to year. For example, "we are a young team" (as in, for 6th straight year we are a young team) and how he gains confidence from what he sees is practice (how many straight years now have we been a great team in practice?). I felt like 90% of that interview could have been cut and pasted from the [Redacted] years.

I can't believe Wellman can say all of that with a straight face.

What struck me about the Wellman interview was how many talking points have been EXACTLY the same from year to year. For example, "we are a young team" (as in, for 6th straight year we are a young team) and how he gains confidence from what he sees is practice (how many straight years now have we been a great team in practice?). I felt like 90% of that interview could have been cut and pasted from the [Redacted] years.

He was definitely saying the same things from when [Redacted] was here.

iraqi-information-minister.jpg

I guess Richard Washington is our starting SF next year?

What is the lineup now? With crab gone (he was in my starting five) I guess we'll have to go:
PG Crawford
SG Woods
SF Richard Washington
PF John Collins (maybe Dinos)
C Doral Moore (JC in case of Dinos at starting PF)

This looks like narrative building to help explain why we are still terrible. It's just a matter of getting our house in order, again.

I guess Richard Washington is our starting SF next year?

What is the lineup now? With crab gone (he was in my starting five) I guess we'll have to go:
PG Crawford
SG Woods
SF Richard Washington
PF John Collins (maybe Dinos)
C Doral Moore (JC in case of Dinos at starting PF)

I highly doubt Wilbekin won't be starting. I'm not saying he should be, but I'd be amazed if he wasn't.

Lol at that video. Deman looks bored with Ronny's complete bullshit.

How about these gems?

"Everything that is going on is what winners build upon." -- Really, Ron? WTF are you smoking?

"This obviously is a fragile team." -- WONDERFUL. Can't wait for next year then.

"I'm (extremely) encouraged about our future." -- You'd be alone in that sentiment.

"I have great - TREMENDOUS - confidence in Danny and his staff...You look at that staff, and they know how to finish."-- Finish WHAT exactly, Ron? Consecutive losing seasons?

What's most disturbing to me is RW's glowing remarks about the coaching staff. Kudos to Dan Collins for asking a poignant question about the staff's inexperience and how much of a concern that is. RW's response was flooded with praise about each member of the staff, focusing on every human characteristic imaginable except one thing - COACHING. I'm really getting sick and tired of hearing how great a player Danny Manning was in college and the NBA. No one denies that. But let's get past that. It's history now. Focus on the present. Frankly, all I care about now is his ability to coach Wake basketball and get W's. And he ain't doing that.

This interview also ended very awkwardly. After the "promised land" comment by RW, I think the press was in shock/disbelief. Their muted reactions and grumbles say it all.

I miss Skip...

I count 7 transfers and and 6 conference wins. A lot at stake against BC!

yes there is one game but it still does not make any difference in the overall scheme of things because both of us are playing on Tuesday anyway

I don't blame them a damn bit...gotta do something to make it through the years playing for a loser.

If these 2 could hit a freaking free throw late in a game (otherwise), we would have beaten UVA and Pitt.

Back