• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Critical Step on Journey to Mars" - Orion Test Launch this morning at 7:05 am ET

I can't pretend to understand when rocket scientists talk to each other, but "trending further out' makes me think it ain't happening today.

I can't pretend to understand when rocket scientists talk to each other, but "trending further out' makes me think it ain't happening today.

My FIL is the president of the Salisbury NC astronomy club and eats this stuff up. He's an engineer, so its easy for him to understand. Everytime we go to his house, he insists on watching a picture in picture of the NASA channel. I cant begin to explain how many foreign launches I've been forced to watch over the past 6 years.

One dude sounds like Sam Elliot, he must get all the NASA tail.

"Cycling the valves" is rocket-speak for "We'll turn it on and off again until it works" #Orion

Edit: that was someone's tweet and the format didn't copy

I take it these announcers don't have a directive to fill in dead air time.

Had Nixon not been sucha cowardly crook and cut NASA so much, we might be very close to being on Mars. Man has exploration in his DNA. Add to this that NASA has paid for itself many times over via the jobs and inventions it created and NASA's budget should be many times what it is.

http://www.nasa.gov/50th/50th_magazine/10presidents.html

"By the time Nixon left the White House, the NASA budget had fallen from its peak of almost 4 percent of the total federal budget to less than 1 percent. It has remained at that lower level for the last 30 plus years. At that level, NASA decided it could not continue to operate the systems it had developed for Apollo and closed down the production lines for the Apollo spacecraft and Saturn V rocket while also cancelling three lunar missions – Apollo 18, 19 and 20."

Last edited:
you're jacked up this morning rj. go to a local breakfast spot, get a hummer from a random hottie and relax

Had Nixon not been sucha cowardly crook and cut NASA so much, we might be very close to being on Mars. Man has exploration in his DNA. Add to this that NASA has paid for itself many times over via the jobs and inventions it created and NASA's budget should be many times what it is.

Yes, please politicize this thread. That's just what it needed.

NASA-Budget-Federal.svg

On this chart, please point to year for which Nixon submitted his first budget request.

Back