• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crossfit.....

waketastic

Reaction score
Anybody here partake in it? Looks like an excellent way to get in shape. Just signed up today. Can't play basketball anymore b/c of a bum knee, so this is going to take the place of sports for me.

About to get so freaking jacked!!

gym-nerd.jpg

I watched the world championships on ESPN. Shit looks legit. I would like to try it sometime.

How are you going to be able to do crossfit if you can't play basketball?

How are you going to be able to do crossfit if you can't play basketball?

exactly what I was wondering.

I would LOVE to do crossfit, there's a gym close by... I just need to figure out the schedule with mine.

Dude, crossfit may be just as hard on your knee as basketball. It's tons of squats, cleans, box jumps, etc. You don't seem to have thought this out. What sort of knee problems do you have?

lol...I hope this works out for you, but if you can't play basketball, crossfit doesn't seem like the right alternative.

Yea, I just don't have an ACL in my left knee. Torn it several times and elected not to have surgery again b/c it just doesn't seem to be working. So, I can't do anything that requires planting/cutting, ie, stability of the knee. All of the squats, deadlifts, box jumps, etc., while tough on the knee, don't really require an ACL. B/C you are relatively stable while doing a lot of those items.

Talking to the guy who runs it (who has a degree and extensive background in physical therapy) indicated that I might have some difficulty doing some of the real heavy power lifts where you have to get real low (like sumo squats, etc). However, I should be able to do a large portion of the exercises, unrestricted.

Did the first fundamentals class today and didn't have any issues. Banged out 500M on the row machine in 1:26 seconds.

What ACL repair did you use? Patella was painful, but mine has been going strong for 6 years now..

Dude, crossfit may be just as hard on your knee as basketball. It's tons of squats, cleans, box jumps, etc. You don't seem to have thought this out. What sort of knee problems do you have?

Seal Fit nearly killed me doing all that stuff - but it gets your butt in shape. Does work. I do sort of a modified Seal Fit all the time now and love it.

Sand bag get ups are my favorite. Along with Man Makers (can our hoops team please start doing this stat?).

What ACL repair did you use? Patella was painful, but mine has been going strong for 6 years now..

First time I used a cadaver. 2nd time I used my hamstring. So I've basically done all but the patella. I've had 2 surgeries within the last 18 months and just don't feel like going through all the rehab/PT again and spending that $$. Just accepted that I'm one of the unlucky people who the surgery just didn't seem to take for and hung up the b-ball kicks for good.

I hear you on never wanting to go through the rehab again.. My buddy just had both of his ACL's done, 6 months apart. Sounded miserable, but better to just get it over with I guess.

Several of my coworkers do Crossfit and they love it.. It is like a cult though as they are always recruiting. I think the costs keep me out of it.

I hear you on never wanting to go through the rehab again.. My buddy just had both of his ACL's done, 6 months apart. Sounded miserable, but better to just get it over with I guess.

Several of my coworkers do Crossfit and they love it.. It is like a cult though as they are always recruiting. I think the costs keep me out of it.

Yea, it is definitely not cheap, which is why I was pretty hesitant. I didn't sign a contract or anything though. So if I don't love it after a few months, I'll probably won't continue to do it just b/c of the $$$.

Back