• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 135 - God Bless America and No One Else!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3739730775_923bd23454_o.jpg

is where it's at

Yeah, you just gotta know where you can get a consistently good fountain soda. McD's is always going to be good. I've found Chick fil a is always good as well (and they have Diet Dr. Pepper!). 7-11 should be fine. Wawa and Sheetz are good. But yes, typical gas stations can be hit or miss. I think it mostly comes down to chains vs. individual stores (although I have had some bad soda at Wendy's).

+1
Fountain sodas are very risky. Too many numbskulls fucking up the formula. A well done fountain soda is better but a lot of the ones you get at gas stations are just gross.

Hm, haven't had much soda from gas stations. But people messing up the formula is why I said "almost always" better. Good fountain soda beats a can any day for me.

Freestyle machines are pretty sweet. Although they can take forever, so the line gets backed up if the place is busy.

Coke Zero is a gajillion times better than Diet Coke. We all agree on that, right?

Hm, haven't had much soda from gas stations. But people messing up the formula is why I said "almost always" better. Good fountain soda beats a can any day for me.

Yep. To all of that.

Good fountain > Can > Plastic bottle > 2-liter > bad fountain

This isn't always true...but for the most part.

Made a date with Mrs. LK to hit chipotle Thursday. My love for that place is probably unnatural.

I always like the last page of CT when people pretend to care about having a conversation when everyone just wants to WIN.

Glass Bottle > Can > Average Fountain > Plastic Bottle

Coke Zero is a gajillion times better than Diet Coke. We all agree on that, right?

Uhhh YEAH.

I don't like diet sodas but Coke Zero is awesome. Vanilla Coke Zero is even better, IMO, but I know some (weird) peeps don't love the vanilla flavoring.

They are completely different animals, but yes, your assertion is correct IMO. Some people, though, are hooked on that "diet" taste.

Only if you prefer the taste of Coca Cola to Diet Coke. For those of us that converted to DC years before Coke Zero emerged, we've become accustomed to the taste of DC. I don't like the taste of Coke Zero, but I recognize that a lot of people do.

Made a date with Mrs. LK to hit chipotle Thursday. My love for that place is probably unnatural.

I really want a burrito. Haven't had Chipotle in a while. I wish that location didn't suck so hard in Winston.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back