• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 138: The Dog Days Are Over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. Brain damage from biking accident is back into the lead for reason why Bz was hired.

With a head the size of Ron Ron's any sort of biking accident was going to lead to brain damage.

That joke was for BSF and his generation.

I have signatures off. Picture signatures have like a 95% correlation with public school filth

Whoa whoa whoa, this public school kid hates them. Our board essentially demands they change it or be banned.

Yeah seriously. Picture sigs are the worst. People who put those up are probably just trying to prove that they're super creative and that their private school education was worth the cost.

JK guys. JK.

Anyways about to roll out the office to watch MY LONGHORNS make an epic second half comeback.

A long time ago I posted my theory about the Bz hire. Basically, in addition to whatever problems may have existed off the court, Wellman didn't think much of Dino's coaching acumen and wanted to upgrade our Xs and Os. At the same time, he didn't want to lay off our assistants and probably did have this grand vision of Rusty as future HC.

So, Wellman views the basketball program as a well-built race car that simply needs a new driver. Enter Bz. Wellman thinks he's an Xs and Os guru from his NBA days and the Air Force beat down. He'll keep our assistants. And of course they already know each other. Boom, perfect fit.

Where Wellman fucked up:

1. Biggest fuck-up by far is that somehow he didn't talk to Bz and recognize his awkward weirdness. Lots of coaches are maybe shy or strange, but Bz is seriously the weirdest coach I've ever seen ever.

2. He overestimated our returning talent and the incoming recruiting class. That error was of course compounded when Woods left and Chennault broke his foot in the first game. Instead of settling into a well-built car, suddenly Bz is captaining a rebuilding job, which was way waaaaay out of his wheelhouse given his personality.

3. He overestimated Battle and our assistants' ability to recruit. I'll admit, I was wrong about this too, because I felt like we've always gotten good players under Odom, Skip and Dino and that good players would always want to come to Wake. Again, I think it ties back to #1 and the fact Bz is so unbelievably weird and unlikeable.

There you go. That's the theory I've always held on to and the only thing in my mind that explains why he was hired.

Don't feel like discussing it on the sports board but would anyone really be that surprised if Dino was involved in some sketch recruiting practices? Leading Wellman to panic and hire someone that he was 100% sure wouldn't be get us in trouble to cleanse the program? I have no evidence of this at all, mind you. Just trying to come up with a rational explanation for something that appears to be wholly irrational on the surface.

Pretty sure it was a sketchy non basketball related issue, but at this point don't think the reason really matters.

Wtf, exact quote from the bil:

"I was on my porch in my underwear, drinking a beer, and killed two deers".

Finding out that my local bar was stashing a keg of Hopslam that they just tapped today was kinda like manna from heaven

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Oh sheeeeeeyyyyeeeeettttt. Just hooked up the outdoor TV on the screened in porch. Reefer. Made a couple stiff Old Fashioneds for me and wife. It's on like Long Duck Dong.

bzz weird?! Didn't you hear the spilled water turnover story?! bz is fucking cool as shit and Hilarious!

no more turnovers! YUK YUK YUK YK YUK YUK

"If you get burnt, just rub dog crap on it. It's work just like aloe Vera"

"This gut hunts for a Sasquatch and makes the Sasquatch noise. You can sign up and go hunting with the official Sasquatch origanization of the us"

Omg the quotes from tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back