• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 179: Attention men of Winston-Salem: The fleshlight is lubed and ready 4 action

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rotisserie Chicken at Sam's is better than HT and is also always that price.

Brews summarized the conference perfectly.

I have gotten a ton of stuff done today.

Also realizing that having a girl means we're going to have to buy clothes for her (The LKs and other friends have been so generous with hand me downs, that we have had to buy very little clothing for our boys, I know we have been super lucky). Once P hits about 12 month size we're going to be shopping like we've never had to before. Hope she doesn't get a complex from wearing masculine PJs.

I'm all for giving housing to the homeless, but IF someone chooses to use it, then once a month they should be forced to walk through a crowd naked of as many people who choose to do so throws fruit and vegetables at them Ceresi style, you know to encourage #bootstraps and whatnot.

SHAME. <DING> SHAME

SHAME. <DING> SHAME

I assume the same people who don't get that prevention is cheaper and won't want to give free housing out of spite are the same people who will want to throw fruit. So I think its how you get it done.

How much do you think it would cost to 100% eliminate homelessness in America? $1 BN? $10 BN? $50 BN?

For reference, there are somewhere around 650,000 homeless people in the United States.

We should be doing more, but, that is a problem that no amount of money is going to solve 100%.

RTQ, it may be time to start carrying the Fleshlight with you to your various bar trivia outings, marathons, co-ed rec softball games, etc. That way, dudes will only need look at you to know immediately that you are ready to party serious.

4real

rotisserie is cheap and you don't have to do anything but roasting is sooo easy and so fucking good

Not to mention who knows where your typical grocery store cooked chix is coming from. Not sure they even have to label it if its served as prepared food.

Actually if I'm LSU I back up the brinks truck to Tommy Herman or however you spell his last name

RTQ, it may be time to start carrying the Fleshlight with you to your various bar trivia outings, marathons, co-ed rec softball games, etc. That way, dudes will only need look at you to know immediately that you are ready to party serious.

do you carry it in it's own briefcase? wear it around your neck? attached the the brim of a hat? discretely sticking out of a purse? drop your bag allowing it to fall out and feign embarrassment?

long boring work post on CT:

today is my 86th day at this job. It's the best gig I've ever had and I love the company culture, the people I work with, the projects are big and interesting, etc. My boss is laid back and has a great vision for the future and excellent grasp on reality and expectations. Killer job. But I have this one employee who is a fucking cancer. Dead weight. total drag on everything, but he's been here like 8 years and he's somewhat entrenched and we have butted heads to the point of heightened emotions and (my) raised voice on three occasions now. Basically, this lump of shit doesn't want to do certain duties and, I think, saw an opening when a new manager (me) was hired to assert this kind of pussy-ass-ill-talk-his-head-off-to-get-out-of-work-I-don't-like strategy or some shit. So as I delegate the work and assign specific tasks to the engineers/techs (this is IT work), he goes on long winding circular logic screeds about how when the previous manager was here all this fell on him and he doesn't think we should be doing it or that the users should blah blah and tries to obfuscate the point to where you just give up and don't assign it to him. I guess that is his strategy. It doesn't work and he ends up doing it begrudgingly, but I don't have the time and mental energy to hold this bitch's hand. I have offloaded some of his work to others and to outside services. I hired an engineer recently who's skill set wasn't 100% of what I wanted, but he was a good fit. The guy seeks out work. He loves challenges and he is blasting past the fuckwit guy, and it is as if the fuckwit isn't even aware. My other engineer is on point, working through projects, etc. This dude shows no human emotion, nothing. Like a robot. I think he's on some serious meds.

So I sat him down and asked him to write up for me his job description. To empower him to give it back to me, like im some kind of a kindergarden teacher. So he sends basically a list of all the shit he wants to do. I went down to HR and got the real job description that was updated in 2014, and of course it encompasses all the shit I had been assigning him. So we are having a meeting on Wed to compare the two and for me to outline for him that this is the deal, and if he can't handle it he's outy. It's gonna be a shitshow, man.

Anyone had anyone like this?

Not to mention who knows where your typical grocery store cooked chix is coming from. Not sure they even have to label it if its served as prepared food.

i dunno, the only advantage i can think of is the likelihood of getting less sodium in preparing it at home. they have their place in the pantheon of easy dinners.

bird sourcing? lulz, unless you buy a bird from a local farm you're getting got

long boring work post on CT:

today is my 86th day at this job. It's the best gig I've ever had and I love the company culture, the people I work with, the projects are big and interesting, etc. My boss is laid back and has a great vision for the future and excellent grasp on reality and expectations. Killer job. But I have this one employee who is a fucking cancer. Dead weight. total drag on everything, but he's been here like 8 years and he's somewhat entrenched and we have butted heads to the point of heightened emotions and (my) raised voice on three occasions now. Basically, this lump of shit doesn't want to do certain duties and, I think, saw an opening when a new manager (me) was hired to assert this kind of pussy-ass-ill-talk-his-head-off-to-get-out-of-work-I-don't-like strategy or some shit. So as I delegate the work and assign specific tasks to the engineers/techs (this is IT work), he goes on long winding circular logic screeds about how when the previous manager was here all this fell on him and he doesn't think we should be doing it or that the users should blah blah and tries to obfuscate the point to where you just give up and don't assign it to him. I guess that is his strategy. It doesn't work and he ends up doing it begrudgingly, but I don't have the time and mental energy to hold this bitch's hand. I have offloaded some of his work to others and to outside services. I hired an engineer recently who's skill set wasn't 100% of what I wanted, but he was a good fit. The guy seeks out work. He loves challenges and he is blasting past the fuckwit guy, and it is as if the fuckwit isn't even aware. My other engineer is on point, working through projects, etc. This dude shows no human emotion, nothing. Like a robot. I think he's on some serious meds.

So I sat him down and asked him to write up for me his job description. To empower him to give it back to me, like im some kind of a kindergarden teacher. So he sends basically a list of all the shit he wants to do. I went down to HR and got the real job description that was updated in 2014, and of course it encompasses all the shit I had been assigning him. So we are having a meeting on Wed to compare the two and for me to outline for him that this is the deal, and if he can't handle it he's outy. It's gonna be a shitshow, man.

Anyone had anyone like this?

TLDR go back to perfecting the perfect Hors d'oeuvre spread

i dunno, the only advantage i can think of is the likelihood of getting less sodium in preparing it at home. they have their place in the pantheon of easy dinners.

bird sourcing? lulz, unless you buy a bird from a local farm you're getting got

This is Georgia; we got birds on birds on birds. They have cheap organic chix at Kroger that are certifed antibiotic/hormone free. And if I feel like it I can get a White Oak Pastures chix at Whole Foods. They are the real deal, organic free range chickins. Either way its worlds better than getting whatever bird they are sticking on a spit at Sams.

http://www.whiteoakpastures.com/

Fuck those guys. LSU is like the 2/3rd best job in country. #1 recruiting class coming in.

I think they could get Chip Kelly or Jimbo Fisher.

If they cant get one of those, I say stick with Les.

Some of those recruits will decommit if they can Les

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back