• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 179: Attention men of Winston-Salem: The fleshlight is lubed and ready 4 action

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way she explained it to me, its different if a rock was picked up by a tire and thrown vs something that falls off the truck. Her husband hauls a lot of gravel, and even though he has signs saying stay back xxx feet, if a rock (or ladder) comes off the truck and strikes another vehicle, they are liable for not having a "secured" load. If the truck was just driving down the road, the tire picked up a rock and it hit the car behind, the truck shouldnt be liable.

and yeah to clarify, it was some sort of dump truck that i think could have been carrying gravel? i'm not sure. i couldn't really tell if it was kicked up into my windshield, or if it came from off the top of the truck. when i pulled closer to try to read the back license plate, some more debris/rocks/dirt flew at me, so i assumed it wasn't just a standard "well, i'm driving behind a truck" thing

meh

the day is looking up, though

in my meeting this morning the presenter handed out light-up super balls (some sort of "our team plays 'us ball' here" thing, which is convoluted and weird but hey i get a friggin' bouncy ball, so i'm happy and also 12 years old)

We tried to go to our Indian buffet in the first week of December and they were closed for Christmas. We ended up hitting up the Vietnamese place next door and were definitely the only people speaking English there. Some of the stuff on the menu was a little too authentic for me.

Cops on campus congregating outside my library looking for an Elon student of interest who they are apparently concerned about, but won't give us a description. Great.

So this guy winds up jumping off of Morrison dorm and the newspapers aren't even mentioning the word suicide in their stories. They're calling it "dies in fall from UNC-Chapel Hill dorm." What the fuck is that all about ? He's a jumper with emotional issues. Don't make us feel like there's a safety problem at the dorm FFS !

Hit up Nawab one day for lunch. They have a lunch buffet, and its an easy and fairly inexpensive way to sample a variety of crap. You'd be sampling crap.

FIFY

If a majority of your restaurants are served buffet style, its a pretty big sign of being shitty.

I think I would really like the rural areas of India, but I would be as miserable as possible navigating the cities to get there. I hate being in crowded cities. Feel hella claustrophobic about it. I get #nervous just watching film of people on trains in India.

I hear ya. I kind of want to do one of these things -- just take the time off, go, detox, cleanse body and spirit, a little manual labor, good veggie food, maybe some making out with hippie chicks.

http://sadhanaforest.org/india/get-involved-india/getting-involved/

So this guy winds up jumping off of Morrison dorm and the newspapers aren't even mentioning the word suicide in their stories. They're calling it "dies in fall from UNC-Chapel Hill dorm." What the fuck is that all about ? He's a jumper with emotional issues. Don't make us feel like there's a safety problem at the dorm FFS !

It is definitely odd how they haven't even mentioned that as a possibility, though they are being open about people being concerned about his well being and the cops were actively looking for him. I wonder if it's some sort of privacy thing or the family requested it?

I mean, the person of interest alert should have said "hey, there's a suicidal Elon football player who may be suicidal, so look out from above if you're walking by a tall building."

It is definitely odd how they haven't even mentioned that as a possibility, though they are being open about people being concerned about his well being and the cops were actively looking for him. I wonder if it's some sort of privacy thing or the family requested it?

ETA -- I just heard, Ferris Bueller-style, (so and so, told so and so, who heard from so and so), that he had made a comment on social media specifically saying that he was going to do something at one of the libraries here, which was why the cops were stationed outside yesterday and walking around, but I don't know how legit that is. Rumor originated from Joe, THE GUY WHO GOT THE JOB I APPLIED FOR DANGIT. More negative karma points for Joe.

Yeah, but the police report has to list a cause of death. I assume it would either be "apparent suicide" or "balcony rail balancing accident."

ETA -- I just heard, Ferris Bueller-style, (so and so, told so and so, who heard from so and so), that he had made a comment on social media specifically saying that he was going to do something at one of the libraries here, which was why the cops were stationed outside yesterday and walking around, but I don't know how legit that is. Rumor originated from Joe, THE GUY WHO GOT THE JOB I APPLIED FOR DANGIT. More negative karma points for Joe.

Aren't the Chapel Hill libraries just a place for dudes to hook up ? Maybe he was planning to give somebody a handjob.

I just googled the best indian food in LA top 20 list. The #1 indian spot had the comment "well, it has a strip mall feel but they even take reservations!"

There was an article that I think I posted on here about how Indian food has such diverse and contrasting flavors, as opposed to most cuisines that use complementary flavors.

This may be what you're referring to, oddly enough VICE shared this on their FB page today, even though it's from March:

http://munchies.vice.com/articles/theres-a-scientific-reason-why-indian-food-is-so-delicious

I'm an Indian food enthusiast. I recommend buying the simmer sauces from your grocer, especially the Tiger Tiger brand, but the others are good too. I find this to be as good as 90% of most Indian restaurants.

Oddly enough, I find their sweets repulsive. I love Indian food, I love sweets but I hate Indian sweets. Go figure.

Oh, pro tip for those traveling to India - bring candy to give away to people you want to curry (ha!) favor with. They LOVE our candy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back