• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT 2023: Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I grew up my parents were members of a newer club where for the most part the adults were down to earth but the kids my age were 68-shooting little pricks. Unfortunately I never really played golf until I was near college age so I never got any good. Wasted all that time I could have used to practice so I guess that is an athletic regret of mine.

BiffTannen culture > other cultures.

Warning: Do No Appropriate.

Along those lines, a friend at Wake had come in the Top 10 or so in the FL Amateur. When he went to see Coach Haddock about trying out, it was suggested to him that he should come back when he won.

I had a similar conversation with the Wake Forest golf coach in 1995. He was very nice about it and sat down with me during my campus visit, but made it clear that I wasn’t accomplished enough to even take a look at.

sounds like you guys play golf with the wrong people

disc golf is fun but c'mon

approximately 0 of my friends play golf

nowadays i will play once or twice a year by myself or when i visit my folks

tho shoutout to you if we played redneck golf together in college, case of beer at reynolds park at noon on a weekday was just about ideal

i think timdunk and maybe discdude and some folks that formerly posted number among those i played with

I love some disc golf, but you gotta admit disc golf culture can be pretty goddamn lame too.

lol the dudes who have a full set from putter to driver and all the irons can be a LOT

dont wanna subtweet cookout tho :couch:

lol the dudes who have a full set from putter to driver and all the irons can be a LOT

dont wanna subtweet cookout tho :couch:

I can play a round by myself dragging the 5yo along behind me in about an hour. When my boy comes up with the giant backpack full of discs and the longwinded explanations about what each one does and then wanting to take 3 shots off of every tee, I could play 18 of ball golf in the same time that that round takes.

I took golf at wake spring my senior year and it was fun to hack around tanglewood a couple times a week

DeacsATS thank you for dealing with xfinity so I don’t have to, I wondered what the fuck happened to the DVR when my wife asked me about it being full. I might talk to an xfinity rep just to let out some hate.

I never understood wrestling and cutting weight. If everyone wrestled at their actual weight it would be healthier, safer, and you'd compete against the same people. Am i missing something?

I never understood wrestling and cutting weight. If everyone wrestled at their actual weight it would be healthier, safer, and you'd compete against the same people. Am i missing something?

When I went from 185 to 152 I didn’t lose any strength so I’m just as strong but wrestling smaller people who may or may not have had to make a similar cut to get to that weight.

I’m also now quicker because I’m carrying around less weight.

I took golf at wake spring my senior year and it was fun to hack around tanglewood a couple times a week

Me and wakephan09 and WakeTheUniverse and BrainsInVats/BoulderDeac took golf with Ish Smith and James Johnson and Chas McFarland

Clowns

I also had Coach Stroup for volleyball, which was my favorite class at Wake

lots of football players in that class -- games got competitive, I loved it so much

Seems like you should have asked one of your classmates when you were 16 years old.

Me and wakephan09 and WakeTheUniverse and BrainsInVats/BoulderDeac took golf with Ish Smith and James Johnson and Chas McFarland

Clowns

I took bowling with Tony Rutland and Jerry Braswell. Just think how sweet it would have been with Allen Iverson as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back