• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Brasky #2: Back when the CT was real

Status
Not open for further replies.
they brought in a second crane to lift the first crane that collapsed, don't you see what a slippery slope this is????? fuck i hate cranes.

@Say Hey
@ELC

yeah, the Irish have some great writers and political minds, but their visual art, music, and food are low tier culture

is Chattanooga worth a 48 hour visit in covid times? never been, but driving to/from the Asheville area in a couple weeks and looks like an intriguing side trip

Beg to differ on the music front:

i feel like that's true of finnegan's wake, but way less so dubliners or portrait of an artist as a young man, and even ulysses

I read Portrait of the artist as a young man years ago because we thought my Great Great Grandmother's last name was Joyce. She was an indentured servant that immigrated from County Kerry, Ireland in the 1890s at 16 years old but she could not read or write. She used to say "I'm one of the Joyce from Kerry" but in recent years, through ancestry.com and some records research at the national archives in Dublin my mom think the family name was Joy, but because of her Irish brogue they miss understood her.

to each their own, but I'm way more into what the Americans did with the influence of Irish folk music than what the Irish did

@mako

green mile turned out to be good! just didn't like the first 100 pages as it turns out

rose madder was weird as hell. seemingly straightforward story that took one hell of a turn.

now on nightmares and dreamscapes, and i really liked the first three stories, think it's shaping up to be a good collection (tho 800 pages to go)

i also had a very entertaining diversion with china mieville, kraken was WILD

@mako

now on nightmares and dreamscapes, and i really liked the first three stories, think it's shaping up to be a good collection (tho 800 pages to go)

The only one I remember is Dolan's Cadillac but it's pretty good.

they brought in a second crane to lift the first crane that collapsed, don't you see what a slippery slope this is????? fuck i hate cranes.

Walked by this afternoon - the second crane is smaller than the first. That makes no sense.

guinness is good for you

069b14b2c2a4b05c7bb7686a3933b710--guinness-recipes-english-posters.jpg

those of us who haven't wasted all that time exercising and eating healthy food are just fine, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back