• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - It's Coming Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a related note, I’m selling Biff farts NFTs for $1400.

yeah, like we're gonna believe what the government has to say

There are basically no birds left in Guam, so, nope I’ve never been.

I feel like it would be tough to do 2 years in Guam. At first you arrive, island living and its America, so you got that going for you, but after a couple months you realize that going anywhere else would be a pain in the ass. A million tourists visit Guam every year and 75% of them are from Japan. So Japan is an easy trip from Guam. Hawaii is like an 8 hour flight from Guam, so I dont see too many weekend trips. After a year I feel like you would have seen everything there is to see. Plus its expensive.

I feel like it would be tough to do 2 years in Guam. At first you arrive, island living and its America, so you got that going for you, but after a couple months you realize that going anywhere else would be a pain in the ass. A million tourists visit Guam every year and 75% of them are from Japan. So Japan is an easy trip from Guam. Hawaii is like an 8 hour flight from Guam, so I dont see too many weekend trips. After a year I feel like you would have seen everything there is to see. Plus its expensive.

You could visit Japan. Looks like a 4 hour flight to Tokyo.

Sure. But if you’re living in Guam for two years, you’re not stuck there because you can easily fly to Tokyo

My current grad student (the one struggling to finish that I've posted about here) worked in Guam for 4 years as a technician on various projects studying the invasive brown tree snakes. I think she loved it there. Got scuba certified and went diving and traveling around the South Pacific. Spent time in New Zealand and Australia too...but ultimately missed her family and moved back to go to grad school. I think she only got to see her family once a year, maybe once every other year in part because she wasn't making enough to travel back to the US.

Or there are no birds left in Guam because you and your bird crushers have been.

a3d0d79e05132d60a6e9f3204013f0ce.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back