• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
taking a half day wednesday, then off the rest of the week

fortunately i only have to drive 90 min this year to tgiving

for the past dozen or so years it's been at least 4 and sometimes 8 hr drives

really looking forward to it, it's my favorite holiday of the year

once we had kids we said "you drive to us, boomers"

Does anyone’s else’s Thanksgiving seem silly when a just as good of a menu makes an appearance 30 days later on Christmas, a far superior holiday.

Does anyone’s else’s Thanksgiving seem silly when a just as good of a menu makes an appearance 30 days later on Christmas, a far superior holiday.

christmas is cool but ppl don't seem to go all out for food the way they do for tgives. at least in my family it's an excuse to go all out with menus for multiple consecutive nights.

i like that i will be taking a full two weeks off at the end of this year tho

I prefer Christmas meals mostly because we normally do prime rib.

for me, Thanksgiving is about certain dishes every year, Christmas is about doing some cool big hunk of meat or something fancy. I usually rotate between standing rib roast, crown roast of pork, duck.

I'm back in for the ACC Championship Football game, should it actually happen. If Wake makes it, I mean... Because it'll happen anyway.

Probably just me and my 7yo daughter, who is already WAY too fired up about the possibility.

Taking Wed off, get Thu-Fri.

Not looking forward to Thanksgiving with my in-laws. My MIL has basically decided that she doesn't want to celebrate holidays anymore, so it's going to be a very low-key affair. Normally I want to cook all the things but I haven't said a word about it to not ignite some kind of issue. I know we're having a ham which I'm a huge meh on. But it's only my MIL, FIL, wife, son and me, so can't justify also having a turkey. My wife is going to call her today and insist that she wants mashed potatoes at least.

Similar situation on our end. My wife's mother is getting up there and had several health problems this fall. She can't travel and we decided sort of last minute to go visit them. My MIL doesn't want to cook and has ordered take out dinners from their country club, but my wife says "It's not thanksgiving if you don't cook a ton of food." So, we are brining all the ingredients and will cook a bunch of sides to go along with the country club dinner, which I am pretty sure comes with sides anyway. I don't get it. Seems like a lot of extra work, but I am just playing along.

barca why doesn't she "want to celebrate holidays anymore"

is it critical race theory

barca why doesn't she "want to celebrate holidays anymore"

is it critical race theory

I honestly don't know, and it's especially weird now that we have a kid (her only grandkid and maybe the only one she'll ever have). this is the time to do it up with him, especially when she loves spending time with him otherwise. Christmas next year is already gonna be a huge issue I'm sure. she's already proposed doing some sort of December celebration for wife's bday, son's bday and Christmas and to let us "relax" on Christmas. but then it's just the 3 of us at home which is kinda sad. and we'd love to host them but MIL refuses to stay with us because we have cats. yes, that's the reason. and no, there's literally nothing we could say or do to change her mind on that don't even get us started. wife is going to propose that we do Christmas at home then drive up to their place in Blowing Rock for Christmas dinner and to spend the night.

it's like, hey, you're the grandmother, you should be all about talking up Santa, baking Christmas cookies, decorating, etc. because you know our kid will be into it. and next year when he's 3 it'll prob be the first year he "gets" Christmas. we're going to my sister's in Vegas this year, and my mom will be there, too, and it should be a lot of fun especially because our niece is a year older than our son and she's super jazzed for Christmas this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back