• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tigerswood my trip was LA > Joshua Tree > Palm Springs

We did stay in Santa Monica, but I’m hardly qualified to give recs, though happy to share our itinerary.

I very highly recommend Joshua Tree. Otherworldly place, I’ve not seen anything like the cactus garden especially. Felt like Mars.

Very cool. Will consult with the wife on Joshua Tree. She seems to have her mind set on sticking near the coast, but we'll see. My thoughts to sneak in some mountains/skiing at either Big Bear or Mammoth have also been met with very little interest.

I went to Mammoth once in college, and forgot how absolutely in the middle of nowhere it is. 5+ hours from both LA and SFO. Awesome place though.

Very cool. Will consult with the wife on Joshua Tree. She seems to have her mind set on sticking near the coast, but we'll see. My thoughts to sneak in some mountains/skiing at either Big Bear or Mammoth have also been met with very little interest.

I went to Mammoth once in college, and forgot how absolutely in the middle of nowhere it is. 5+ hours from both LA and SFO. Awesome place though.

Big Bear is great too and a nice scenic drive. The whole point of CA is to experience the coast and then an hour away big bear/Joshua tree

8-C3-E49-BB-EB87-4-C3-B-A6-E1-D1-D0-C36-F2-B11.jpg

D9-C42-EF9-A160-47-A0-9-A7-D-A75-A71705027.jpg

Two pics from that cactus area in Joshua Tree

We were there around New Years and there was snow in one half of the park and the other half is a different desert and it was kinda warm and nice

Another world

Just had a couple of guys from New York try to shovel some substandard work out the door the day before a holiday. Nope! Go sit down and do it correctly or you won't have any Thanksgiving at all.

Re: Fireball. I love real cinnamon but abhor anything cinnamon flavored like Red Hots and shit. Fuck that noise. Cinnamon is not hot, you fucks.

Anybody have experience with a double oven? Something like the picture below. I think a downside is I might not be able to fit an absolutely gigantic turkey or roast down there, but I feel like the perks of a second oven may outweigh that? Anything I'm not thinking of?

Dispatcher_RequestType_Image&Name_CHS950P2MS1_brushed_stainless__11101.1634383942.jpg

Anybody have experience with a double oven? Something like the picture below. I think a downside is I might not be able to fit an absolutely gigantic turkey or roast down there, but I feel like the perks of a second oven may outweigh that? Anything I'm not thinking of?

Dispatcher_RequestType_Image&Name_CHS950P2MS1_brushed_stainless__11101.1634383942.jpg

Spatchcock that bird, problem solved.

In VA and picked up the Hawrdywood Gingerbread Stout. That’s the good one, right? Should I go back and get the Christmas Morning one too?

We had this discussion, but given our limited baking, decided it wasn't necessary. We occasionally will use our convection toaster oven at the same time as the regular oven, too.

Walking past the ranges in Home Depot the other day I noticed some touting air fryer features. Yeah, it’s called convection. That’s all an air fryer is.

our microwave also functions as a convection oven. i have used that feature once in 3 years.

We have a true double oven but looked at a house with something like that.

My concern was the same as you’re regarding large birds and roasts.

What I think of first for underrated national parks is Great Sand Dunes. When you go is important, but it can be one of the most amazing places you will ever visit.

Also agree with the Gateway Arch opinion. Why is that a national park?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back