• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT number: onward to KORY BOWL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palma seriously get some retirement savings bro. We share a lot of the same consumption habits but you gotta look out for your future. I’m legit worried about you.

Passed the Series 7. Wasn’t too bad, pressure of it being career related and everyone knowing the outcome was worse than the exam itself. Please consider everything I post going forward to NOT be financial advice.

I’m gonna pay for Palma’s entry to financial peace university.

Palma seriously get some retirement savings bro. We share a lot of the same consumption habits but you gotta look out for your future. I’m legit worried about you.

I'm not entirely convinced tax rates are going to be lower in the future, so I don't know how much dumping into a 401k is really going to help. But yes, I'll probably start doing so after getting a house I imagine. Might try to max it right before year end here to reduce my tax bill. I went and did an excel thing and added up all my spending for the year, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. Food came out to about $100/day, but nothing else was too out of line. I imagine my monthly spending may well be less than anyone who's paying for daycare/private school.

The big life choice is I have a very cushy gig right now, but the bosses are in their 70's. Although, it's possible they may just work till they're 90, that's what people in that profession do. But I got introduced to a new company that wants to hire me for the same role and they're in their 40's. My current gig will let me moonlight elsewhere like a law firm, but won't let me work for the other firm in their industry that's in their 40's, which is completely understandable. But I'd probably be comfortable for life if I made the switch, so very tough call. Current firm could easily merge/sell/close up in 3-5 years, and the new firm will have found someone by then.

I somewhat understand the point about tax rates but think the tax break alone is probably worth it. There are very few tax efficient investments for high earners. Also that long term tax deferred growth.

I somewhat understand the point about tax rates but think the tax break alone is probably worth it. There are very few tax efficient investments for high earners. Also that long term tax deferred growth.

yes, I imagine maxing my 401k would have been much smarter than spending 25% of my pre-tax income on nice clippers season tickets. but cp3 doe.

Do me a favor and go and buy yourself one of these.... then you'll feel financial peace

https://bullionexchanges.com/1-kilo-perth-mint-silver-bar-999-fine

Cause then you'll be able to barter with the folks that are gonna up and overthrow our democracy soon enough.

I think I’m pretty sure that when the apocalypse comes I’m in better shape than most posters to survive it. You are welcome to share my basement with juice. Bring a couple pinball machines.

I think I’m pretty sure that when the apocalypse comes I’m in better shape than most posters to survive it. You are welcome to share my basement with juice. Bring a couple pinball machines.

Is this a CT apocalypse bunker?

Biff I thought you were cool but I don’t know anybody over 21 who willingly drinks fireball.

giphy.gif

Passed the Series 7. Wasn’t too bad, pressure of it being career related and everyone knowing the outcome was worse than the exam itself. Please consider everything I post going forward to NOT be financial advice.

Congrats! Now forget it all because you’ll never need any of it.

Reactions: WRS
Congrats! Now forget it all because you’ll never need any of it.

Haha yeah I’m looking forward to never using it. Especially in the corporate banking segment where I worked. Still relieved for it to be over though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back