• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - PhDeac CT #1 - Greatest Chat Thread of All Time? A Retrospective

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been “meh” on most of them simply because I don’t like the rapid medley format, the female pop stars aren’t in my wheelhouse, and the classic rock acts have been uninspired IMO

100% this. Can't stand this aspect of "the biggest music event of the year," which is another description at which I annually roll my eyes out of my head

they should just have some Pee Wee football kids play a short scrimmage and then bring out Bowl Lady

listen we have already resolved this. guy on a unicycle on one end, dog catching frisbees on the other, with karaoke through phones for the crowd

I have been “meh” on most of them simply because I don’t like the rapid medley format, the female pop stars aren’t in my wheelhouse, and the classic rock acts have been uninspired IMO

Yep. This is me as well. I'm glad they didn't try to shove 20 songs into 12 minutes like they've done before. It's hard to do a classic rock halftime show without it looking douchey. They'd have to stick with one band and make it more like a concert than a halftime show.

the halftime show should be a lecture on Kantian aesthetics

I just want more time for analysis and wacky hijinks from Terry Bradshaw and and the gang

Nothing but a G thing is the best song of that generation and it wasn't even played. also, just listened to Purple Rain again. Man, that's shittier than I remembered. Woof.

CT - Super Bowl Halftime Show recap and cata/palma hot takes

Alternate headline: “Snoop Dogg takes brief 20 minute break from smoking weed to perform at 2022 Super Bowl Halftime Show”

I for one think it's great that our parents are getting upset we're listening to Snoop and Dre again.

Nothing but a G thing is the best song of that generation and it wasn't even played. also, just listened to Purple Rain again. Man, that's shittier than I remembered. Woof.

also was surprised they didn't play that. especially since we didn't even need to chill to the next episode -- they coulda played it next!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back