• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT Redux: Comedy has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're a lot better than they used to be, that's for sure. used to look like fucking bonno all the time. now they actually go clear. but i don't like not being able to switch back to regular lenses if i need to

honestly the amount and variation of rando mail we've gotten offering to buy our house for CHEAP is really depressing

Why don’t you poors just get lasik?

I went to the eye doctor yesterday, hence why I posted about picking new glasses, and my eye dr said something about the shape of my eye is continuing to change and wouldn’t recommend lasik. I didn’t know it could still be changing but I am not a dr.

He also mentioned that I’ve got early signs of potential heart disease down the road but I don’t want to think about that.

there is not much less appealing to me literature-wise than a novel called State of Terror co-written by Hillary Clinton

Apparently you haven't been introduced to the Newt Gingrich literary universe.

Newt_Gingrich_-_1945.jpeg

Wow. Talk about one L turning into multiple Ls.

I don’t know what he thought he was doing. His friend gave him good advice.

Why don’t you poors just get lasik?

I got evaluated and two different surgeons told me my eyes were too bad for lasik. They would only have like a 60% chance of correcting my vision to the point that I didn’t need glasses.

I got lasik as a college graduation present. My eyes were terrible (-12 contacts, I think!) but it's been so life-changing I rarely ever even think about it.

I wear sunglasses constantly. My eyes have gotten more sensitive over the years. I also carry around the case in my breast pocket like an old man with reading glasses and I love it.

All fantasy gets a big meh from me, and that take (esp LotR) is literally shocking to most people in my small part of the profession. ITC is right about Tolkien's gestures toward orality. He's drawing on some very specific conventions from the C14 especially

I was evaluated for lasik also but was told I would need some version of reading glasses after I hit 40 anyway. Also need prescription sunglasses but have been super lazy on following through. Need to put some of my vast HSA fortune to work.

Came over to my folks’ house to watch the game with my dad and my mother has completely redecorated the house with prints from the Harlem Renaissance and photos of famous jazz musicians and it’s pretty cool and all but man my parents get weirder and weirder in their old age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back