• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT - see post #1 in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey cookout, I’m coming to Asheville with my rowdy crew to see beachhouse and then Sharon Van Etten, Julien Baker and Angel Olsen if the world doesn’t fall apart by July. You going to either of those shows, and what you know about Rabbit Rabbit?

I am not going to either of those shows but have been to a couple of shows at Rabbit Rabbit. It's right downtown, literally next door to Asheville Brewing Company and run by them (so it's all their beers). The venue is ok, you're literally standing in a parking lot with a big stage on one end. It used to be a Wells Fargo so the bank building/drive through teller window is now beer vending. Food is pizza and tacos from ABC.

I like Salvage Station a lot more especially since you're standing on the ground rather than asphalt and they have more diverse booze options and you can spread out more.

best parking I've found is the Buncombe County garage a block up Coxe Ave. Will cost you about $6 or so for a show.

Yeah, won’t discuss specifics for spoiler reasons but just like surprising, uncontrolled cries during the climax of that ep. I am loving this show a lot more than the book.

ep 7 & 9 were goooood episodes. last 20 of 9 was heavy. i haven't read the book so i cannot compare the two

Also while we’re on the topic of concerts, my wife is dying to see Big Thief, and I’m right there with her, but the closest place they’ll be this year is DC. I told her that we could only go if Townie was going.

ep 7 & 9 were goooood episodes. last 20 of 9 was heavy. i haven't read the book so i cannot compare the two

The excursions scene in 7 was my favorite television scene in quite some time.

Hey cookout, I’m coming to Asheville with my rowdy crew to see beachhouse and then Sharon Van Etten, Julien Baker and Angel Olsen if the world doesn’t fall apart by July. You going to either of those shows, and what you know about Rabbit Rabbit?

enjoy your time watching the Queen at work

Have we had best track on Siamese Dream discussion yet?

That's one of my favorite albums for sure. I like to play Disarm on the guitar and yell about killing people.

My friend from Reddit just posted this in our group chat and I…don’t know how to respond
e8db4a1c60aeabb68b1e33a3121d8ff7.jpg

I don’t know if his little brother was murdered or is on trial for murder, and I definitely don’t know how to ask

I was never a big Smashing Pumpkins fan. I could tell right from the start Corgan was a poser. It probably didn’t help that Pavement, my favorite band, openly mocked them in a song.

I was never a big Smashing Pumpkins fan. I could tell right from the start Corgan was a poser. It probably didn’t help that Pavement, my favorite band, openly mocked them in a song.

<3

pavement released a new song today

I definitely got into the Smashing Pumpkins about 2 decades before I got into Pavement.

But I was definitely a poser.

Huge fan of my girl SvE. Seen JB six or seven times and angel olsen only twice. Might try to go to one of those shows if there are still tickets around. Nothing close

Starting station eleven episode 7 in a sec. looking forward to chest-heaving sobs in ep 9

Show is making me remember a lot of things I liked about the book that I’d forgotten

Starting station eleven episode 7 in a sec. looking forward to chest-heaving sobs in ep 9

Show is making me remember a lot of things I liked about the book that I’d forgotten

I hope those weren’t too spoilery. Let me know how you dig ep 7.

I hope those weren’t too spoilery. Let me know how you dig ep 7.

Nope, I have a terrible memory and will forget before I get to the tv

My s.o. Would straight up murder you though. She can’t even know how many episodes are in a season. I mentioned there was a "marble" episode of squid game (which I hadn’t seen and learned on here) and she’ll prob never forgive me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back