• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: To our friends who no longer chance to stroll down the Boulevard of Chat, we hope you are well and welcome you back whenever you are ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Golf tournaments for the various sports teams usually do okay.

The beauty of fashion, like most art, is that people can use it to communicate different stories/ideas!
Speaking of which, I am terrified to go anywhere in a suit now in case I have violated some unknown fashion norm and end up being an example of what not to do on twitter. My god, what if I am seen with a collar gap.

It appears that DF2009 is a fan of the met gala.

I don’t care about it either but saw today that it raised $12 million dollars (seems really low for all the effort and pageantry involved) and that TikTok was the presenting sponsor (interesting, considering the recent overwhelmingly passed legislation about their Chinese ownership).

I think the Met Costume Institute does extremely important work and am a fan of that. In light of the fact that it isn't funded by the Met or any kind of direct public funding (to my knowledge), the Gala is necessary for now. Fashion and textile preservation is expensive!

We went to an arcade in a ski town in Oregon where we visited a couple months ago which had (in addition to regular games my kids stank at) bubble hockey, foosball’s cousin. Love that game.
This is what I always played at the arcade growing up (and secretly wished to have at home for a long time after that for decades), you don't run across them too much anymore. The bubble hockey version of palma is probably hoarding a bunch of them somewhere.

Speaking of which, I am terrified to go anywhere in a suit now in case I have violated some unknown fashion norm and end up being an example of what not to do on twitter. My god, what if I am seen with a collar gap.
Just pair it with a winter hat or sneakers to draw their eyes away from the details!

I’m sure I’ve told this story before but my ex-wife and I were at an arcade in Dirty Myrtle and she got on this heater playing the pinball style baseball game. I’m not bullshitting when I say she scored 100+ runs in a game. And for a half dozen games before and after never scored 10. But that one game she was in the fucking zone.

What is she actually communicating ? That she took a shower ? Or that she wants to show you her tits ?

What do you think, Biff? Art is in the eye of the beholder.

The actual look in question is just the second one.... so I'd probably only judge that on theme personally.

I am 99% sure she is not dressing for the male gaze, tho, to answer your last question. Glad she is comfortable and confident in her body!

Watched Met Gala with my daughter for a bit last night.

Gigi Hadid dress was good.
Serena Williams - nah
Kardashian - please go away. I hope your kids aren't being watched by their father and step mother while you're out making a fool of yourself.
Tyla - never heard of her, but very pretty girl. Nice dress.

That's all I remember.

What do you think, Biff? Art is in the eye of the beholder.

The actual look in question is just the second one.... so I'd probably only judge that on theme personally.

I am 99% sure she is not dressing for the male gaze, tho, to answer your last question. Glad she is comfortable and confident in her body!

Yeah, she totally thought men wouldn't look at her.

Yeah, she totally thought men wouldn't look at her.
That's exactly what "not dressing for the male gaze" means :eyeroll:

I see the sheer trends in fashion as more reflective of women taking ownership of their own bodies and dressing for themselves. In a way I think it subverts the male gaze. Doja Cat is taking it to the extreme, here, for sure... but that's exactly what these kinds of events are for?

You can avoid all this by simply avoiding shirts.
Windy has landed in Belgium...

depositphotos_21360517-stock-photo-muscular-man-in-suit-jacket.jpg

Watched Met Gala with my daughter for a bit last night.

Gigi Hadid dress was good.
Serena Williams - nah
Kardashian - please go away. I hope your kids aren't being watched by their father and step mother while you're out making a fool of yourself.
Tyla - never heard of her, but very pretty girl. Nice dress.

That's all I remember.
Gigi's dress was incredible. Can agree on that!

2.5+ million beads embroidered on it and took 5,000 hours to make w/over 70 people working on it 👀

Tyla's dress was form fitting sand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back