• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT: What's the deal with those guys in The Pit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but I want those big movie theater budgets going to semi-original scripts instead of trying to make Morb happen.

wait are you saying that you want Morb back in theaters

it kind of feels like you want Morb back in theaters

Anyway, A24 gives me hope and I'm really happy Everything, Everywhere was a box office success and I hope they continue to push the envelope.

What would you want that requires a big budget ($200M+) and movie theater to give you 2-3 hours of semi-original entertainment?

Dune 2 :troll:

I'm not the original idea guy! I get paid to write software not scripts.

Honestly, Kory you might dig some of Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage on Netflix.

It’s funny to me how quickly you become acclimated to seeing topless women on the beach.

You’re aware there are 9 Fast and Furious movies?

I forced myself to watch my first F&F movie during Covid and it was worse than I thought it would be. So yes, I’m aware that there are eight more, but I don’t care much about them. And it’s still a reference to Cocktail.

Streaming has been good for tv, and a couple times a year Netflix or HBO will produce an original film worth watching. If I ever need to watch particularly good stuff I can always rent or buy from my tv, subscribe to Criterion network, all sorts of choices. That much is true. I do miss the era of the big comedy. What was the last really good comedy movie?

and to the high paying low stress job we couldn’t really come up with great examples

certainly those of us this weekend who were discussing all make good money. The discussion was a lot around finding the right balance between work/life, company culture/mission, finding fulfillment in the work, etc. Generally there was agreement that work is work, occasionally it’s worthwhile and fulfilling but mostly it’s a means to an end. And maybe that’s a healthy outlook on it so you don’t get addicted to striving or climbing a ladder.

Morning CT!

Booked our 7 night Alaska cruise over the weekend. Had no intentions of going this year, but I couldn't turn down a free room.

I haven't been to Seattle since the Seattle Bowl almost 20 years ago. Suggestions on places to stay downtown near the cruise ports that wont break the bank?

i thought thor was fine. i was entertained for a couple of hours.

Morning CT!

Booked our 7 night Alaska cruise over the weekend. Had no intentions of going this year, but I couldn't turn down a free room.

I haven't been to Seattle since the Seattle Bowl almost 20 years ago. Suggestions on places to stay downtown near the cruise ports that wont break the bank?

We stayed at the Edgewater last time we were there for a few nights (before taking a plane to Juneau where our very smol boat cruise left from), and it is RIGHT next to cruise docks (which is a nice enough location, easy to walk to all the seattle highlights). I can't remember if it'll break the bank because I paid w/ points.

Morning CT!

Do you make a stop in Whittier on the cruise? Very interesting town, I spent a night sleeping in a warehouse there. Every resident lives in the same apartment building. I always think how terrible that must be for covert assignations. Divorce rate must be super high or super low. Anywho, its a cool town off of Prince William Sound, some heaving glaciers and black sand beaches in the area.

I’m in the Alahambra and I just made a joke about the Moops and nobody got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back