• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT141: the homestretch to the weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attention CT Dorks

Quidditch-016.jpg

Seven years after JK Rowling's fans tore themselves reluctantly away from the end of the last novel in the series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the author has provided a fresh insight into life as an adult for Harry's wife, Ginny Weasley.

After having enjoyed a career as a Quidditch player – the sport invented by Rowling for the novels, in which competitors ride broomsticks – Weasley is now married to the series' hero, Harry Potter, and working as a sports journalist for the Daily Prophet. Rowling has written a series of "live" reports by Ginny, from the 2014 Quidditch World Cup in the Patagonian desert, in which she explains why more than 300 crowd members have been injured.

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/apr/16/jk-rowling-writes-quidditch-match-reports-pottermore

quidditch is a really dumb game, clearly invented by someone who doesn't understand how sports work

one of the lamest things about the books, if not the lamest

Fashion-conscious men warned we may have reached 'peak beard'

Attractiveness of facial hair declines the more men adopt it and vice versa, study finds

Hirsute men have been warned their attractiveness to potential partners may fade as facial hair becomes more prevalent, in a scenario researchers have called “peak beard”.

Research conducted by the University of NSW finds that, when people are confronted by a succession of bearded men, clean-shaven men become more attractive to them.

This process also works in reverse, with men with heavy stubble and full, Ned Kelly-style beards judged more attractive when present in a sea of hairless visages.
http://www.theguardian.com/fashion/2014/apr/16/fashion-conscious-men-warned-we-may-have-reached-peak-beard

Well that's why it's good to be different from both and just have a mustache.

ugh my beard is so monte. i feel like sf has defs reached peak beard. good thing im murried.

one of my coworkers is doing that cleanse diet thing where his only food/drink is water/lemon/maple syrup/cayenne mixture. he plans on 15 days. said once he did 40 days and was like atrophying at the end. he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do this. I mean, he's a smoker but wants to rid his body of toxins...

one of my coworkers is doing that cleanse diet thing where his only food/drink is water/lemon/maple syrup/cayenne mixture. he plans on 15 days. said once he did 40 days and was like atrophying at the end. he doesn't seem like the kind of person who would do this. I mean, he's a smoker but wants to rid his body of toxins...

so dumb

Didn't the World Cup winner in Goblet of Fire not get the snitch?

ya

another scoring thing that frustrates me is that the champ at the end of the season isn't the one with the best record, it's best scoring differential

wtf?

also also, leaving out 99% of the quidditch world cup in the 4th movie was a disastrous choice

favorite book, 2nd least favorite movie

Yes. The player in the other side just wanted to end the match because they were down by so much.

if the snitch is worth 150 points, why would anyone ever go after the quaffle???!?!?

I have no clue what this means; you might as well be writing Cantonese.

What an idiot; did you suggest that a better starting point would be for him to stop smoking?

Yall I need a basketball goal for my new CRIB. Should I got with a portable system or something where you bury the pole? Anyone bought one they really like lately? Oh and you betta believe YOUR BOI is going to be rocking the chain net.

Yall I need a basketball goal for my new CRIB. Should I got with a portable system or something where you bury the pole? Anyone bought one they really like lately? Oh and you betta believe YOUR BOI is going to be rocking the chain net.

Portable all the way.

bury the pole

also chain nets are rad with the sound but if you're going up for jamz be careful with your fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back