• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT65: hakuna matata

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just never really gotten into the NFL because I never had a team growing up. I like Peyton Manning and cheered for the Colts while he was there because my family is all from Tennessee and I grew up liking the Vols, but that's as close as I've come. Playing fantasy football forces me to pay attention a little bit and makes me more interested, but I still don't really care. My main interest in the NFL is probably just seeing the Patriots lose. I will watch portions of games, or have it on in the background, or watch it with friends at a bar or something, but I just don't care enough to sit down and closely watch a regular season NFL game. It'd be like watching an NBA game.

nfl sucks, can't believe so many people want to spend their entire sunday watching commercials. I had the redzone channel last year and that made it somewhat watchable, but sitting and watching a whole game start to finish is unbearable.

That DV7 post from last night on Townie's mixed tapes thread sets a new standard for board d-bagness. Amazing.

I don't like when people come into positive threads and spread negativity.

nfl sucks, can't believe so many people want to spend their entire sunday watching commercials. I had the redzone channel last year and that made it somewhat watchable, but sitting and watching a whole game start to finish is unbearable.

RedZone and DVR. I agree for the most part, but then don't understand how people can sit through an entire baseball game on television.

I love baseball, but aside from the playoffs I almost never watch an entire game on TV. I watch or listen to a few innings of just about every Braves game and always know generally what happened, but I don't watch all 9 innings. If you tried to do that every day, you'd be divorced quickly. That's actually a nice thing about baseball -- you can kind of leisurely cruise in and out of a televised game. Can't really do that with college basketball.

I usually have the game on my computer while I'm doing other stuff. Although admittedly I haven't watched many baseball games of late because I hate my team.

my friend's girlfriend of three years died suddenly last night according to facebook... what is up with the world lately?

That DV7 post from last night on Townie's mixed tapes thread sets a new standard for board d-bagness. Amazing.

Yeah, that was rich. Of all the people to call out someone for being fake, pompous, and self important, it was the biggest peddler of vacuous regurgitated bullshit on the boards.

That's horrible. Too many young people are dying suddenly nowadays. It scary.

Not trying to go all dv7 here, but do you think it's a sudden uptick in young deaths or does the internet/social media make us more aware of them when they happen so it seems like it's more?

rtq, have you tried the graham cracker sticks for the cookie dough dip? that's what my wife always uses with hers. they come in chocolate and original and are the perfect size for dipping. graham crackers can be too big and no one wants tsy's grubby-ass hands in the dip from using straight teddy grahams. check it out.

Not trying to go all dv7 here, but do you think it's a sudden uptick in young deaths or does the internet/social media make us more aware of them when they happen so it seems like it's more?

I really hope it's just the latter, because It's starting to make me all :willynilly:.

I've already survived my life threatening accident this year, thank goodness.

I think we're more aware of it, but at the same time I personally think in modern medicine we're screwing around with Darwin. Congenital heart conditions seem to be more prevalent nowadays than in years past. Is that from all the crap we put in food now or is it because through medicine we're prolonging the lives of people who then pass on their defective genes and conditions on to their kids where it compounds. I have no idea. :noidea:

51m8E1kFGdL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

this is what i'm referring to RTQ...although it looks like they may have quit producing them.

rtq, have you tried the graham cracker sticks for the cookie dough dip? that's what my wife always uses with hers. they come in chocolate and original and are the perfect size for dipping. graham crackers can be too big and no one wants tsy's grubby-ass hands in the dip from using straight teddy grahams. check it out.

That was my original goal to use those, but I couldn't find any at the grocery store except Scooby Doo ones that were shaped like bones and somehow that seemed weird. Thanks for the suggestion - I'll look for them again. Or maybe just get the bone shaped ones.

I know I shouldn't care, but I just don't understand what he has against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back