• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT65: hakuna matata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to go all dv7 here, but do you think it's a sudden uptick in young deaths or does the internet/social media make us more aware of them when they happen so it seems like it's more?

I think we're more aware of it, but at the same time I personally think in modern medicine we're screwing around with Darwin. Congenital heart conditions seem to be more prevalent nowadays than in years past. Is that from all the crap we put in food now or is it because through medicine we're prolonging the lives of people who then pass on their defective genes and conditions on to their kids where it compounds. I have no idea. :noidea:

I think it's more what Bder is saying. But I do think modern medicine has a big role, for example stuff with allergies, back in the day if some kid had a huge peanut allergy and no one knew he'd come in contact with it and probably die. Now with medicine, epipens, etc. we can save those people, but it means there are a lot more people with serious allergies walking around.

So every mother I know on facebook has been posting pictures of their kids going off to their first days of school. First day of kindergarten, sure I get that. First day of preschool, okay. But one lady posted a photo with the caption: "Archer's first day of school (9 weeks) and my first day back to work!" Come on... 9 week old infants are not going to school. That's daycare.

It's just a signal to their facebook boyfriends that school has started and they should come over and do some milf hunting.

I think bone GCs would be fine! You could say they're ram bones or somethin.

I know I shouldn't care, but I just don't understand what he has against me.

Dude, I would not spend one single second worrying about it. That dude admitted to being an anti-social asshole and his track record clearly demonstrates he has the emotional IQ of a sociopath. He's a miserable person, worthy of your pity if you can muster the sympathy.

Kiwi is a solid supplement or replacement for apples and bananas. It provides more vitamins and tastes great. It's harder to find quality/near ripe kiwis throughout the entire year, which is a downside.

You may not feel it, but I bet you are a whole lot better off. Water is good for you.

I've thought about this before, but outside of helping with normal bodily functions which require water and preventing you from drinking something else (something with lots of sugar, calories, caffeine, etc.), are there any other benefits of conspicuous water consumption?

dv7 is so fucking weird on the boards. I am friends with him in real life, but can't for the life of me understand his board persona. The townie stuff is indefensible - sorry you're getting attacked, bud.

I think we're more aware of it, but at the same time I personally think in modern medicine we're screwing around with Darwin. Congenital heart conditions seem to be more prevalent nowadays than in years past. Is that from all the crap we put in food now or is it because through medicine we're prolonging the lives of people who then pass on their defective genes and conditions on to their kids where it compounds. I have no idea. :noidea:

I wonder what shit like stevia sweetener is doing to my body. Also, the occasional diet soda.

Kiwi is a solid supplement or replacement for apples and bananas. It provides more vitamins and tastes great. It's harder to find quality/near ripe kiwis throughout the entire year, which is a downside.

I am something of a fruit connoisseur. Kiwis are definitely in my top 3 favorite fruits.

Dude, I would not spend one single second worrying about it. That dude admitted to being an anti-social asshole and his track record clearly demonstrates he has the emotional IQ of a sociopath. He's a miserable person, worthy of your pity if you can muster the sympathy.

I won't worry about it. Just don't want it killing the vibe of the thread. Hopefully he just ignores it like I basically ignore the EPL thread. One positive byproduct is that people's comments have let me know that they do actually appreciate the effort. It takes a fair amount of time and effort, adding to the fact that I tend to have a weird taste in music that is sometimes hard to put out there. Anyway, I won't give it any more thought. I PM'd him after his first comment, asked him why, and then just asked him if we could agree to disagree, but he basically just called me a twat repeatedly and then ignored me.

I won't worry about it. Just don't want it killing the vibe of the thread. Hopefully he just ignores it like I basically ignore the EPL thread. One positive byproduct is that people's comments have let me know that they do actually appreciate the effort. It takes a fair amount of time and effort, adding to the fact that I tend to have a weird taste in music that is sometimes hard to put out there. Anyway, I won't give it any more thought. I PM'd him after his first comment, asked him why, and then just asked him if we could agree to disagree, but he basically just called me a twat repeatedly and then ignored me.

Dude, I love your music threads. You, DF2009 and cookout have introduced me to so much more music. I'm definitely a more rounded and interesting person musically now. I'm pissed I missed out on the mixtape thread and it's tapped out. I need to think of a good category for you the next time you do it.

Dude, I love your music threads. You, DF2009 and cookout have introduced me to so much more music. I'm definitely a more rounded and interesting person musically now. I'm pissed I missed out on the mixtape thread and it's tapped out. I need to think of a good category for you the next time you do it.

If Townie hasn't started on Babies (/if he took that seriously) you can have my slot instead. The other suggestions were a lot more awesome and creative than mine!

dv7 is so fucking weird on the boards. I am friends with him in real life, but can't for the life of me understand his board persona. The townie stuff is indefensible - sorry you're getting attacked, bud.

Gotta agree with this

the topic of posters who disappeared suddenly was discussed on the last CT, but does anyone else remember MrBigglesworth94? that was a funny ass dude.

Kiwifruit have a large carbon footprint. Mostly from NZ and Italy.

:tear: This is devastating to me. I've become much more conscientious about my impact on the environment. Goodbye Kiwis, you were my closest fruit friend

:tear: This is devastating to me. I've become much more conscientious about my impact on the environment. Goodbye Kiwis, you were my closest fruit friend

Yeah... I just had a moment of despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back