• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CT88: do tha harlem shake!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so I'm at a weird crossroads when it comes to work. I really want to get a new job elsewhere as I'm fairly burned out with where I'm working. I wanted to stay on board at least until we put out this one report we had been working on for a year, and that's about to be published. but, my wedding is June 1 and I'm worried that any job I would take would not be cool with me taking so much time off for that at the start: a few days for the wedding, the following week for honeymoon, the bachelor party in March (one day) and the week before the wedding my sister is graduating from the Coast Guard Academy, so will need to take off a few days for that. The ideal would be to start a new job after the honeymoon, but certainly could never rely on that happening. So should I start looking now and hope something works out where I can take all that time off, or stick it out where I am because I know I'll be able to take this time off with no issue and then hopefully get a new job right before I get married so I can put off the start date?

I haven't come close to my ceiling. I need someone who will help me wreck ish when i have to go HOUSE OF CARDS on these noobs.

man i'm glad i'm young and stupid

In college I was the prohibitive favorite for the first one to commit bro suicide...

Dodged. That. Bullet.

congrats buckets!! now tell us how you proposed! sweet and simple? over the top elaborate? was there a slide show or musical montage involved? #thingsineedtoknow

we had a weekend trip planned for awhile in this little wine country town. went for a hike yesterday afternoon and p'ed the q there. nothing over the top, but it was a solid surprise.

has anyone been or know anyone that's been to comicon?

I've never actually been, but the Baltimore one was the same weekend as an Orioles home weekend last year and we were at the bar watching all the costumes walk by, it was great. Some were great, some were terrible. Lots of dorks. I would've gone if tickets weren't so damn expensive and you had to buy them for the whole weekend because....why not? On Sunday we were gonna have lunch outside across the street from the convention center but I believe there was a Ravens game that day and my buddies phone wasn't getting anything because the towers were so crammed so we couldn't coordinate.

We're also getting BronyCon this year.

see, i feel like the SD comicon tix aren't too bad because it is the san diego comicon. i mean, that's where everyone is.

Turned on NBCSN early for tonight's hockey game, and they're showing the Biathalon World Championships. The announcer just dropped an "I can't call it" Kai special.

so I'm at a weird crossroads when it comes to work. I really want to get a new job elsewhere as I'm fairly burned out with where I'm working. I wanted to stay on board at least until we put out this one report we had been working on for a year, and that's about to be published. but, my wedding is June 1 and I'm worried that any job I would take would not be cool with me taking so much time off for that at the start: a few days for the wedding, the following week for honeymoon, the bachelor party in March (one day) and the week before the wedding my sister is graduating from the Coast Guard Academy, so will need to take off a few days for that. The ideal would be to start a new job after the honeymoon, but certainly could never rely on that happening. So should I start looking now and hope something works out where I can take all that time off, or stick it out where I am because I know I'll be able to take this time off with no issue and then hopefully get a new job right before I get married so I can put off the start date?

start looking. if a company doesn't understand taking time off for these important life happenings you don't want to work for them. be upfront about it throughout the process.

Congrats buckets!!!! Which wine town did you go to?

start looking. if a company doesn't understand taking time off for these important life happenings you don't want to work for them. be upfront about it throughout the process.

yeah that's what I'm thinking...just psyching myself out mainly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back