• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this isn't something that you are necessarily taught when you start work, but I thought everyone knew you should remove internal company conversations from an email chain before you send it to anybody outside the company or maybe use separate chains when responding to outside people. This is supposed to be common knowledge, right?
I did learn the hard way to never trust a co-worker to be detail oriented and to never put something in writing that could come back to bite me.

I was reading on the Recruiting Hall Reddit people complaining about email etiquette and arguing it’s all archaic anyway and schools don’t teach you how to properly write them. I know I never learned from anyone but…it doesn’t seem that hard?
Man. We had to have an emergency training session last semester because the etiquette/professionalism of our interns on calls and emails was terribad.

We literally had an intern send the following email:

Sup

We’ll be by on Thursday

[no signature]

Context: setting up a consultation with a primary care physician to see one of our program participants who doesn’t have insurance to enroll in a program that lets the uninsurable get $5 primary care visits. Main case manager had made the connection and said the intern would make the appointment and provide/line up transportation.

Man. We had to have an emergency training session last semester because the etiquette/professionalism of our interns on calls and emails was terribad.

Sup

We’ll be by on Thursday

[no signature]

Context: setting up a consultation with a primary care physician to see one of our program participants who doesn’t have insurance to enroll in a program that lets the uninsurable get $5 primary care visits. Main case manager had made the connection and said the intern would make the appointment and provide/line up transportation.
This seems like a great program. But why would any doctor's office do it?

It is funded primarily by Moses Cone Hospital as part of the Guilford community care network. I am sure the PCPs are compensated more than just whatever the person who has the orange card’s co-pay is, but I’m not totally sure how the back-end finances of the program work.

I believe the thinking is that giving people access to primary and preventative care will reduce costs associated with treating those who are uninsured in the emergency room (Who don’t have the ability to pay and hospitals end of eating those costs).

If you're in your late 30s and older, you grew up learning how to write letters then you transitioned to emails as a teen or adult and then later started posting on social media and texting.

If you're a bit younger, you maybe learned how to write emails.

If you're younger than that, perhaps all those forms of communication run together.

I did learn the hard way to never trust a co-worker to be detail oriented and to never put something in writing that could come back to bite me.
If you don't want someone to find it, don't make something that can be found.

There’s a restaurant that just opened down the road called Papaw’s Country Calabash but I’ve seen no pics of the food

At the dr to get this compacted ear taken care of. Say no to q tips !

Man, I haven't been to a Calabash buffet in a long time.
This was the Seafood Hut. I guess it's an institution down here my in laws have been going to for years (Grandma's house turned 2nd home after she passed in Sunset Beach). Order at the window. Lunch special is flounder, shrimp, fries, pups, slaw, and tea for $12.50. Used to be $5.75 not that many years ago apparently according to my wife & MIL.

What’s the most cinematic book you’ve ever read? It’s gotta be Jurassic Park, right? Spielberg started that screenplay before the book was even out IIRC.

I got these at the book fair in elementary school and read them more times than would be considered normal.

516PXiUBQfL._SL500_.jpg

41uWz+21FcL._SL350_.jpg

I know this isn't something that you are necessarily taught when you start work, but I thought everyone knew you should remove internal company conversations from an email chain before you send it to anybody outside the company or maybe use separate chains when responding to outside people. This is supposed to be common knowledge, right?

Also, don’t forward your privileged communications with your attorney to people that aren’t covered by the privilege.

Sup

We’ll be by on Thursday

[no signature]

It’s possible you got a total dud of an intern, gen z communication skills aside

Nothing gets a Friday afternoon moving like being on a super contentious call (and being the one bringing the hammer) while at the EXACT same time wife is calling me on my cell and texting that the power went out and couldn’t get the garage door up to get the kids because the door spring wouldn’t engage

having a hard believing that even a young person would sincerely use the word “sup” in an email greeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back