• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as I'm about 6 weeks behind the mid-atlantic/south east in terms of seasonal chores, I guess I better start looking at getting some mulch delivered.

I'm actually a little miffed on landscape things right now - we signed a contract with an arborist about 6 weeks ago and no payment information has been exchanged at all, but they're totally ghosting. We should have had a boring treatment for birch beetles at the end of April, and limbing about now... I'm unable to get anyone to email me back, and it's a pretty well-known company around here. I'll definitely be calling tomorrow, but not sure if there's anything I should press at this point given their lack of follow-through.

Nothing like the smell of New Hampshire coastal air and some Aroma Joes coffee to start the Monday off right.

Little Maximus wouldn’t do wedding pictures, so Tiberius stood in but Maximus did great as the ring bearer, so I’m calling it a win.
Roman names? No Greek pride at all. SAD !

Just picked up my yearly Valium prescription for flying and apparently my new doctor is not nearly as concerned with me possibly abusing prescription drugs as my old doctor. She also took me off of my statin after looking at my chart and basically said my old doctor was a moron for putting me on it to begin with. I like my new primary care physician.
Just get in the damn plane

i mean the tennis team greatly overachieved and nearly pulled off another upset today tbh, can't really be upset at all about that, it'd be like state fans being really upset they lost to purdue after making the final four
No matter the actual skill level of our players, we are entitled to championships.

@mako1331, how were the storm up your way last night. They were pretty insane at the track. 4" of rain in 2 hrs and wind so strong it ripped my poncho to shreds. Massive flooding on the track and tents/trees all thrown around on campers and vehicles. Some of the damndest weather I've ever been caught outside in.
We were camping at Elk Knob. No rain all day, started pouring at 8:30pm as we were getting ready for bed, rained all night, stopped at 6:30am as we were getting up. I never had to put my rain gear on.

We were camping at Elk Knob. No rain all day, started pouring at 8:30pm as we were getting ready for bed, rained all night, stopped at 6:30am as we were getting up. I never had to put my rain gear on.
Only rained hard for about 2 hours during the weekend, but only didn’t rain about 4. Everything was wet, nothing was soaked. A good time was had by all.

I take back the nice things I said about the kid. He flipped out about the beach yesterday. As soon as I put him down, he ran directly back to the car and told me to drive him home.
How old is he? When my youngest was 2, we would walk her from the condo to the beach, and as soon as we turned our head she would sprint back to the condo because she wanted to ride the elevator. This happened for an entire day.

How old is he? When my youngest was 2, we would walk her from the condo to the beach, and as soon as we turned our head she would sprint back to the condo because she wanted to ride the elevator. This happened for an entire day.
He is 2. It isn't his first time at the beach either, and the other occasions he has loved it. Other twin was fine and played with his toys and was content, but bad twin wouldn't even let me put him down on the sand without screaming.

If he can't beach, he is going to put alot of stress on momma to try and to figure out what to do with him the couple days we are here.

I on the other hand feel invigorated and happy to be on the coast, which leads me to believe that my disposition is not a me problem, but a geography one.

He is 2. It isn't his first time at the beach either, and the other occasions he has loved it. Other twin was fine and played with his toys and was content, but bad twin wouldn't even let me put him down on the sand without screaming.

If he can't beach, he is going to put alot of stress on momma to try and to figure out what to do with him the couple days we are here.

I on the other hand feel invigorated and happy to be on the coast, which leads me to believe that my disposition is not a me problem, but a geography one.
At two he probably doesn’t even remember that he’s been to the beach before, so it’s still unfamiliar.

I feel ya on the beach. Headed there Thursday-Wednesday and my sister's family is joining so should be fun for our son to have people to play with in the beach and pool.

But first gotta get to Cleveland tomorrow and would really appreciate if they'd get back to me about booking flights.

lol seriously. A two year old at the beach is a coin flip at best for kid enjoyment and it’s a burden on the parents regardless.
yeah I enjoy going to the beach with my son but haven't been able to officially relax on the beach since he was a baby and napping.

At two he probably doesn’t even remember that he’s been to the beach before, so it’s still unfamiliar.
Can you put anything down so he’s not sitting in the sand? It’s a pain on a windy day but the cheap plastic pools with some buckets of seawater is a good time for the age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back