• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

CTYB8.0: broke boards are broke (alternate title: Meck Dec Day? More like Meck Meh Day)

Ok, here is a completely hypothetical ethical question for you that will have no real life applications. Let's say that someone continuously dogsits his parent's ancient Jack Russell terrier while they vacation. This dog has no quality of life anymore, is completely blind and deaf and limps significantly wherever he goes, but his owners refuse to do the humane thing and put the dog down because they are so attached to the dog and also probably see the dog as a metaphor for their own aging process and mortality. The dog can only consume rice and chicken stock at this point in his life. Would it be moral or ethical for this son to save his parents the agonizing decision of euthanasia while they're gone on their 2 week cruise and go all Candy's dog in Of Mice and Men, and tell the parents the dog died peacefully in his sleep? Or what that condemn this son to the burning torment of hell for all eternity?
I thought you already unalived that dog.

Having a similar situation with my parents dog a small Maltese. The dog has a skin condition, and it’s so old and frail that no groomer is willing to take it and risk hurting it. My mom basically has to find a new groomer every time because of this, and it’s become nearly impossible for her to take care of. Hard to recommend she have it euthanized right now, considering every thing else going on
Yeah, that's hard. Even a dog in bad shape can be a source of comfort.

My mom's dog held on until she moved into a memory care facility and then passed. It was like he was holding on until he didn't have to.

Like just on the boards, or in your whole life? I know like 5 people that have your birthday

I think diggler and I share one

Whole life. I’m sure I’ve met someone with my birthday and don’t know it. But even on Facebook, I have no friends with the same birthday.

And even if you look at famous people with my birthday, it’s a rather weak list.

Man I was out running earlier this week and saw a guy in the neighborhood using a backpack leaf blower at like 6:30am. 6:30! That was simply incredible. Was barely even light out.
Rise and grind baby! Probably had a tee time in an hour and needed to get his yard work done.

I kinda feel like the only option in this case is to fake it, right? Why put yourself in the position of having to deal with the fallout
Gotta carry around one if those long, slim "hearing horn" or whatever that thing was called.

Back