• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Curious about The Police

ToughLoveDeac

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
Do we have anyone with knowledge about specific albums by The Police? Specifically, I am curious about Outlandos d'Amour, Zenyatta Mondatta, and Synchronicity, etc.

I've always been pretty curious about them and figured the Pit might be able to provide some answers.

much unlike anything at the time...I think when they started they were influenced by a lot of the same ska and reggae that bands like The Clash and Madness were into. By Zenyatta and especially Ghost In The Machine they had started to move beyond that. Synchronicity was absolutely huge when it came out and I think it just made big egos bigger. They dissolved shortly after that. They, Michael Jackson, and Def Leppard were all the shit in 1983.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Police

I'd check that website to get a playlist before going on trip out of state or an unfamiliar area. I'd also use tractor trailers as a guide when possible. If 45-50 yo truck drivers are listening to the Police, it is probably safe. If not, it is for a good reason.

One last thing:

Doo-doo doo doo
Dah-dah dah dah

That all I want to say to you.

Back