• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Cuse 4 Over Deacs

That will be Cuse. Our defense sucks. Cuse made a decent State team look really bad. Although, State's secondary is total crap.

Only 4?
Much closer spread than I expected.
Do the prognosticators think that Cuse was lucky yesterday......or that Wake is getting better?

Both defenses allow tons of points. This would be another great one like the Wake/UL game to look at the over if it is in the high 60's or below.

Only 4?
Much closer spread than I expected.
Do the prognosticators think that Cuse was lucky yesterday......or that Wake is getting better?

Folks in here say it doesn’t always work but it always has for our games:

You google the Sagarin college football rankings once they are updated after the Saturday games and compare the difference and then factor in 3.5 for the home field. So Syracuse is 76 we are 68 so we will be 4 or 5 point dogs and would be 11-12 if at Syracuse. That will always get you close at least for every game I’ve ever looked at regardless of what some folks say.

Bunch of folks will fly to Vegas and bet the mortgage on Cuse knowing we will lose in a 48-14 type game.

Let’s get some fourth down stops and turnovers and prove them wrong!

The Deacs will need to win the TO battle by at least 2 to have any chance. The diff. in SU's game vs. the Pack was a late int. that SU turned into a TD to lock up the W. It was the only TO of the game and cost the Pack game as they could have tied or won if they keep possession and kept moving the ball late.

Interestingly enough our last 4 games all played each other in very high scoring games and the diff. in the Duke-Pitt game was also a turnover as Duke gave up the ball once which made the diff as well.

I think our D is by far and away the worse hence the reason we will need to force TOs to give ourselves a chance and I'm afraid that while the 4 remaining Ds are probably rather weak I don't think they are anywhere near as week as Louisville's, so our O will have bigger challenges and our D will be seeing some great QB play and some real speed in our last 4.

But at least there is a hope!

Yeah, I just realized 3 of the 4 remaining QBs we face could be drafted in the first couple rounds. Our D better step up quick, or we'll need a lot of luck to bowl.

Yeah, I just realized 3 of the 4 remaining QBs we face could be drafted in the first couple rounds. Our D better step up quick, or we'll need a lot of luck to bowl.

Or, with some game experience, Hartman looks a lot more like senior Wolford in these next four games. Wouldn't hurt to convince Colburn that none of the other coaches thought he was worth a 'ship either.

I think we have average about 50 pts. per game in order to have a shot at getting what we need to be bowl eligible. Can't see our D. stopping any of the remaining teams on our schedule.

So far Hartman’s play is directly related to the quality of the opponent. He’s good against horrible teams and poor against decent to great teams.

So far Hartman’s play is directly related to the quality of the opponent. He’s good against horrible teams and poor against decent to great teams.

He's a true freshman. That's what the vast majority of true freshman QBs do.

Back