• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

D.C. Wake-'Cuse Game Watching

ToughLoveDeac

Ricky Peral
Reaction score
I think some bars will be showing it, despite the ESPN3 thing.

Called Buffalo Billiards, and they have the capability to play it, but said that they've had a lot of calls from different fan groups, so they weren't sure if they could get it on the screen.

Crystal City Sports Pub could be good, I called earlier but they told me to try again around 4:30 or so.

We could also try Hard Times in Clarendon. Is that like the "official" Wake place? I'm always confused about that.

Any other places in mind?

There are a TON of cuse fans in the area. They might have a place designated.

CCSP is probably your best bet for ESPN3. They do it often and you will not have to worry about dealing with a clueless staff.

I might be up for a game watching if there is a group gathering.

There are a TON of cuse fans in the area. They might have a place designated.

Yea, I saw some Syracuse Bleacher Report thing that said the regular 'Cuse bar is Sign of the Whale, which is a great place to go if you want to have no space to yourself and contract mono. From what I read, it doesn't have ESPN3 anyways.

I called a few places that have shown ESPN3 in the past (Hard Times, Hawk and Dove, McFaddens, CCSP, Mister Days) and no one would give me a verbal commitment on a TV. I'm just going to watch on my XBox at home.

I'd definitely be in to meet some area Deacs as long as I can get to wherever it is by Metro easily.

Ventnor Sports Cafe in Adams Morgan is a 'Cuse bar (and a Tarhole bar FTL), but it's a solid place to watch a game if you don't want to head out to the burbs.

Yea Ventnor could be a good choice. I called up CCSP and they said to call back after 5, 'cause that's when they'll have the schedule up. I'll see what they say. I should at least have a group of 5 people or so.

Yea Ventnor could be a good choice. I called up CCSP and they said to call back after 5, 'cause that's when they'll have the schedule up. I'll see what they say. I should at least have a group of 5 people or so.

I'm still at work, otherwise I'd call. Any updates? Or did they mean to call back after 5 tomorrow?

Just called, and they said they would play it at Crystal City. If people wanted to try other places that were inside the District, I'd do that, but I'm at a baseball game, so I can't really call them now.

Thanks for putting in the leg work ToughLoveDeac. I'm trying to convince my gf to hit up CSSP (she's convinced it's too far out), but I might make it out regardless. NOT trying to watch this game from my laptop.

So for people who'd rather stay in D.C. (myself included) - there's this place called Touchdown which recently opened up on U Street. I just gave them a call, and they said that they should be able to show the game (but will confirm with me by 3:00 or so). Any interest in that?

Never been to the place, but the location is solid. Though CCSP may be a bit more reliable.

Edited to add: We could of course try and just go to Ventnor in Adams Morgan, but that's a Syracuse bar, so hey, fuck them.

Last edited:
I'd definitely be more interested in going to Touchdown. Trying to bring a few people with me, and none of them want to go all the way to Crystal City. Let me know if they confirm. THANKS!

I'm going to touchdown. They better have it. In my experience bars will tell you anything to get you in the door.

Back