• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dabo got energy, Franklin's got energy! Where is our Energy?

Age and experience probably makes the high energy more difficult. But, it is a personality thing...it is also a competitive/desire to win thing.

While I want a coach with energy on the sideline I would prefer for it to be an OC in fball and a HC in bball.

Totally agree. Just saw his interview on ESPN--I imagine that is just his personality, but a hell of a win for Clemson.

Didn't you hear? Our hair is on fire. That's some energy right there.

(well, actually, it seems we ran out of lighter fluid a few years ago, but whatev..)

The energy at Wake has come from the players, not the coaches.

Age and experience probably makes the high energy more difficult. But, it is a personality thing...it is also a competitive/desire to win thing.

I'd be able to fake it for $2.3 milllion. :noidea:

If you were almost 60 and knew you couldn't win, you wouldn't fake it. I wonder if the lack of energy has actually been an expression of resignation to losing?

Perhaps the influx of fresh talent on offense will bring optimism and thus energy.

Which fresh talent on offense?

I think Grobe is content to rest on his laurels and just live off his accomplishments. I think he lacks a sense of urgency and need to win. Honestly, I'm not even sure he had that in 2006 except just knowing that going more years without a bowl would be bad for his job prospects eventually. I think that energy in 2006 came from the players, particularly the defense and the fans building from Abbate's family.

Meh, I have seen emotional coaches be successful and unsuccessful and more reserved coaches as well.

It's when the players don't appear to care that you have problems.

Meh, I have seen emotional coaches be successful and unsuccessful and more reserved coaches as well.

It's when the players don't appear to care that you have problems.

And that's a factor of coaching with respect to recruiting and motivation.

My personal opinion is that coaches are there to coach, and not to entertain.

Many players want to play for an entertaining coach. Beyond that, good coaching is entertaining.

Dabo is a joke, much like Les Miles is. Had LSU won that game, Les Miles would be doing the same happy good ol' boy routine. They're both a couple of tards.

Glad Clempsun won though. I've never seen an offensive line get so abused like theirs did so consistently tonight and still pull off a win. They should be freaking out over the win. They made the big plays when they had to.

How much face time time did that Jim Carey as the mask OC get. He was the joke when they annihilated us.

Dabo is a joke, much like Les Miles is. Had LSU won that game, Les Miles would be doing the same happy good ol' boy routine. They're both a couple of tards.

Glad Clempsun won though. I've never seen an offensive line get so abused like theirs did so consistently tonight and still pull off a win. They should be freaking out over the win. They made the big plays when they had to.
Still, they ran over 100 offensive plays. Pretty astounding.

Which fresh talent on offense?

I think Grobe is content to rest on his laurels and just live off his accomplishments. I think he lacks a sense of urgency and need to win. Honestly, I'm not even sure he had that in 2006 except just knowing that going more years without a bowl would be bad for his job prospects eventually. I think that energy in 2006 came from the players, particularly the defense and the fans building from Abbate's family.

In 2006, with one exception, he had an excellent coaching staff doing all of the work. That has been all pissed down the the drain in 2012...

The team seems to take on the personality of the coach. If there is no fire on the sidelines from the coach, you rarely see fire from the team. The Vandy game is a perfect example.

The team seems to take on the personality of the coach. If there is no fire on the sidelines from the coach, you rarely see fire from the team. The Vandy game is a perfect example.

+1

Back