• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dabo on College Football Live

MACdeac

Reaction score
Just said Clemson has national championship aspirations this year.. Hmm so I guess Wofford is going to a BCS bowl after that game last week.

What a joke, Clemson might have the my delusional coaches/fans in the country. They are a slighty above average ACC team.. That's about it.

Just said Clemson has national championship aspirations this year.. Hmm so I guess Wofford is going to a BCS bowl after that game last week.

What a joke, Clemson might have the my delusional coaches/fans in the country. They are a slighty above average ACC team.. That's about it.

Well only if they add the Citadel, South Carolina State, and Furman to their schedule, somehow beat South Carolina and the state of South Carolina suceeds from the Union and becomes a nation. Then, I could get on board with Clemson having national championship aspirations this year.

You are giving them more credit than they deserve. When was the last time Clemson was even "slightly above average" in the ACC? They have been an average ACC team for 10+ years now.

Its just coach speak, he knows his fan base. If he said we just want to be get to a bowl, which is probably their realistic expectation, he'd incite a mob.

Its just coach speak, he knows his fan base. If he said we just want to be get to a bowl, which is probably their realistic expectation, he'd incite a mob.

"Clemson Football.... Doing less with more for almost 30 years."

Hey now...be careful how you talk about the defending 1981 National Champs

You are giving them more credit than they deserve. When was the last time Clemson was even "slightly above average" in the ACC? They have been an average ACC team for 10+ years now.

Clemson was in the ACCCG Spillers last year I believe. That's "slightly above average."

This thread could have a different tone if they are victorious this weekend (and no I don't actually think they are any good this season).

Clemson is probably better than a slightly above average ACC team.

However they shouldn't be given too much credit if they were to beat Auburn this weekend. Auburn has 19 of 22 new starters from last years team, has nearly given up nearly 1000 yards of total offense the first two games and probably should be 0-2 right now. The players currently wearing those jerseys have very little to do with the ones that won the NC last season. Clemson is at home and also playing in a huge "revenge" game from last year. This is a game Clemson should win 80% of the time and in no way makes them a legit BCS game contender.

TRUE THAT. They have sucked in both games so far this year but as luck will have it they get an Auburn team who's about as good as Wofford and at home....

CLEMSON is the new CAROLINA

I know one thing......I was told that chimpson fans spit on our boys
as they came out the tunnel.....They better not let Rulz see it happen...

What else is the coach supposed to say? Unfortunately for Dabo, the fanbase is still pretty divided. Most expect us to be around 7-9 wins, so another average season buys him a little more time. Another losing season with a curb stomping at the hands of scar makes his seat very hot.

Clemson was in the ACCCG Spillers last year I believe. That's "slightly above average."

This thread could have a different tone if they are victorious this weekend (and no I don't actually think they are any good this season).

So does that make Wake an above average ACC football program, since we won the ACC championship?

Not trying to be argumentative but the hype around Clemson never matches the results.

dabo is deadman walking for pumping up the fanbase with the inevitable let down coming.

What else is the coach supposed to say? Unfortunately for Dabo, the fanbase is still pretty divided. Most expect us to be around 7-9 wins, so another average season buys him a little more time. Another losing season with a curb stomping at the hands of scar makes his seat very hot.

I would not want my coach to get his retarded fans pumped up for a National Championship season when he will be lucky to be bowling anything better than Charlotte. This guy might be as uneducated as his players/fans... Hope he crashes and burns as a coach and puts Clemson back even further into the depths of mediocrity.

So does that make Wake an above average ACC football program, since we won the ACC championship?

Not trying to be argumentative but the hype around Clemson never matches the results.

I suppose it depends on how you measure success. Only 4 of the 12 ACC teams have won an ACC championship in the past 10 years. 3 if you consider GT vacated one.

Back