• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dabo suspends Watkins for 2 games

Fusiondad10

Reaction score
Just saw in the Greenville SC news, Sammy Watkins will not play in the opener vs Auburn and the second game vs Ball State as punishment for his arrest for marijuana back in May. Sounded like Watkins was gonna take his medicine without any whining.

Just saw in the Greenville SC news, Sammy Watkins will not play in the opener vs Auburn and the second game vs Ball State as punishment for his arrest for marijuana back in May. Sounded like Watkins was gonna take his medicine without any whining.

No, South Carolina definitely doesn't allow medical marijuana man.

That isn't good for the ACC.

Steep if you ask me but if you are gonna suspend him for game 1 vs. Auburn, you may as well suspend him for Ball State too. I despise Clemson and especially Dabo but he did what I didn't think he would do so got to give him credit.

The ACC needs Clemson to beat Auburn. Any football wins against big OOC opponents will help the ACC and Wake at those 5 year windows in our TV contract.

The ACC needs Clemson to beat Auburn. Any football wins against big OOC opponents will help the ACC and Wake at those 5 year windows in our TV contract.

Maybe, but who can look that far ahead. That's like hoping WVU was going to let off the gas in the bowl game. Not me. War Eagle.

Suspended two games for marijuana? Seems a bit harsh to me.

Steep if you ask me but if you are gonna suspend him for game 1 vs. Auburn, you may as well suspend him for Ball State too. I despise Clemson and especially Dabo but he did what I didn't think he would do so got to give him credit.

I agree. I don't like Clemson but in the last week he's suspended Watkins for doing the wrong things and he's allowed the Army vet to walk on (a really good thing). Both decisions are signs of solid character.

Wait, what? How can you not love that guy?

On a slightly different angle of the same topic...Clempsun just suspended a guy against Auburn. That would be the Auburn "The money is just too good" Tigers. Can we not agree that Cam Newton's going into this third professional season next year? Auburn (and let's be honest, the SEC) is to amateurism as Rosie O'Donnell is to fitness.

If you're going to take the same field as the SEC, you ought to be entitled to the same convulsive indifference to the rules as those frauds.

On a slightly different angle of the same topic...Clempsun just suspended a guy against Auburn. That would be the Auburn "The money is just too good" Tigers. Can we not agree that Cam Newton's going into this third professional season next year? Auburn (and let's be honest, the SEC) is to amateurism as Rosie O'Donnell is to fitness.

If you're going to take the same field as the SEC, you ought to be entitled to the same convulsive indifference to the rules as those frauds.

I hate to shit on the joke you thought up in the shower fifteen months ago and were saving for just the right time to use but you are an idiot. At the same time, I'm willing to allow for the chance that your color-by-number book club knows something that the NCAA investigators don't.

Reactions: ONW

Dont slander Cam Newton, bro

Seems to me that the ACC has Miami taking their probation medicine right now, plus being investigated again with Golden, GT giving up wins, an ACC title and on 4 years probation, and UNC-Ch on probation now. Can't say the ACC is squeaky clean either. That is why the NCAA Presidents commission is coming cracking down.

Back