• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

I'm curious about this - what are typical bases for cancellation? Since my understanding is that NIL deals cannot be "pay to play" I assume you can't cancel because a player leaves or gets hurt? And you couldn't make an NIL offer to a player in the portal contingent on them playing for Wake?
One way is personal appearances requirements. The guy in Miami who funded a lit of their NIL required the recipients to show for weekly photo shoots. Missing the shhots was grounds for cancelation. Timing and location were set up so that it would be very difficult to get to if the player was not playing for Miami.

I'm curious about this - what are typical bases for cancellation? Since my understanding is that NIL deals cannot be "pay to play" I assume you can't cancel because a player leaves or gets hurt? And you couldn't make an NIL offer to a player in the portal contingent on them playing for Wake?
this was the case ... until the Virginia / Tennessee hearing a couple weeks ago. Now a collective would be able to.

Can you send in funds and designate for a certain player? I think we'd all like to know what a deal looks like, we don't need specific names/company etc but maybe what they earn for what kind of services? I think it'd help knowing exactly what we are contributing to.

I think it could just be general frustration at his injury/playing time. He thinks he's healthy/conditioned enough to play more, Forbes disagrees, they argue about it.

But again, we probably will never know and many will assume the worst. It's a real shame how things ended, extrapolated by the fact that we have close to knowledge about what transpired.
Yes, Forbes may have said...you are too injured to guard anyone. I've got to play you at the 4, which should free up some looks on offense, but dudes like Diarra or Ingram are going to take you to the rim on defense. They'll post you up and you may not be able to stop them.

Last edited:
Can you send in funds and designate for a certain player? I think we'd all like to know what a deal looks like, we don't need specific names/company etc but maybe what they earn for what kind of services? I think it'd help knowing exactly what we are contributing to.
If you'd like to consider an athlete for a business partnership, yes! "I want Boopie Miller to do X, Y, and Z." For business partnerships you can pick athletes you want to work with

For general collective giving, you can certainly make a request if you want it to go to a specific player. Can't make any promises. Better to think that it goes into "the pot" for that sport.

Sure: RTQ will offer retainer contracts to our football and basketball student-athletes.

RTQ will offer you an NIL deal worth $XX,000 for XX social media posts, XX autographs, and XX appearances. The players have to do those to get paid. Their payment structure is broken up over the course of a year and is backoladed for tax purposes.

For example:, since we have 70+ football players currently signed (you will see their posts go out this week), RTQ could have every single football player make a social media post about your business or make an appearance.

If you'd like to consider an athlete for a business partnership, yes! "I want Boopie Miller to do X, Y, and Z." For business partnerships you can pick athletes you want to work with

For general collective giving, you can certainly make a request if you want it to go to a specific player. Can't make any promises. Better to think that it goes into "the pot" for that sport.

Someone is totally missing it by not doing a “Boop there it is” campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

something similar is in the works with a business for the offseason ;)
Is RTQ responsible for Tyree Applebee’s deal with the Applebees on Hanes Mall Blvd? If so, feel like that one kinda fell in your lap. Hopefully we can find a recruit named John Putters or TJ S’Deli

Is RTQ responsible for Tyree Applebee’s deal with the Applebees on Hanes Mall Blvd? If so, feel like that one kinda fell in your lap. Hopefully we can find a recruit named John Putters or TJ S’Deli
I wish. I officially started with RTQ the 1st week in February 2023 and that deal was announced on Feb 9, 2023.

seems to me that the Applebees deal, and the DJ and RJ Mt. Olive Pickel deal is what NIL should be … what it is is a cluster fuck.

The fact that all of this money is pouring into the athletic departments and they cannot pay players directly is a ridiculous structure that will lead to an epic fucking disaster of graft and corruption.

Paying players with the gate makes sense. Everything else is stupid.

Yes, Forbes may have said...you are too injured to guard anyone. I've got to play you at the 4, which should free up some looks on offense, bit dudes like Diarra or Ingram are going to take you to the rim on defense. They'll post you up and you may not be able to stop them.
Great post, totally agree. The last few games his shooting was off and if he is not hitting his shot he becomes a defensive liability because he can't defend the post against bigger players. I love Monsanto and hate his career here ended as it did. He has faced more adversity than most people his age and I hope he can find happiness wherever he goes.

Damari's transfer tape. Spoiler alert, he shoots 100% from 3. If I was defending Monsanto, I don't think I'd ever bite on his dribble drive. I'm not sure I ever actually saw that result in him actually getting to the rim for a layup. Instead, it always just resulted in a stepback 3.

Damari's transfer tape. Spoiler alert, he shoots 100% from 3. If I was defending Monsanto, I don't think I'd ever bite on his dribble drive. I'm not sure I ever actually saw that result in him actually getting to the rim for a layup. Instead, it always just resulted in a stepback 3.

Pre-State injury last year, he was driving and crossing over people and pulling up mid range.

I only got through like 20 seconds of that - it is too depressing to watch. Another in a long, long, very long, long, very long list of "what ifs" for the Wake Forest basketball program.

Back