• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

I appreciate Forbes honesty, but he’s absolutely implying that Damari could practice, which isn’t really fair to the kid - Forbes basically saying he doesn’t believe Damari’s injury or pain is serious enough to be held out of practice. I don’t see the purpose of him phrasing it in such a way to imply doubt. If Damari says he’s hurt and can’t practice, just say that - the little extra “can’t practice can’t play” is unnecessary.

I appreciate Forbes honesty, but he’s absolutely implying that Damari could practice, which isn’t really fair to the kid - Forbes basically saying he doesn’t believe Damari’s injury or pain is serious enough to be held out. I don’t see the purpose of him phrasing it in such a way to imply doubt. If Damari says he’s hurt and can’t practice, just say that.
I hate the way Forbes has handled this. I get that it’s a distraction but his comments have made it worse in my opinion.

I appreciate Forbes honesty, but he’s absolutely implying that Damari could practice, which isn’t really fair to the kid - Forbes basically saying he doesn’t believe Damari’s injury or pain is serious enough to be held out. I don’t see the purpose of him phrasing it in such a way to imply doubt. If Damari says he’s hurt and can’t practice, just say that.

Can’t =/= “won’t” or “chooses to not” or “refuses”

But maybe it is implied that Damari is unhappy he’s not being allowed to play after not being able to practice…???

I appreciate Forbes honesty, but he’s absolutely implying that Damari could practice, which isn’t really fair to the kid - Forbes basically saying he doesn’t believe Damari’s injury or pain is serious enough to be held out of practice. I don’t see the purpose of him phrasing it in such a way to imply doubt. If Damari says he’s hurt and can’t practice, just say that - the little extra “can’t practice can’t play” is unnecessary.
I think Forbes has a policy that if you don’t practice, you don’t play

But maybe it is implied that Damari is unhappy he’s not being allowed to play after not being able to practice…???
That’s exactly the implication that’s unnecessary IMO. Pretty easy to imagine a scenario where practice involves a lot of conditioning and drills that Damari doesn’t feel comfortable doing with his balky knees, but game time he feels capable of camping out at the 3 point line on offense and playing a few possessions of half-assed defense. That’s gotta be a very common occurrence in sports where veteran players get to a stage where they believe their game availability is more important than their practice availability.

I can understand both sides of that, but he’s an injury prone 5th year senior coming off a recent injury that obviously hasn’t healed completely. This is the end of his amateur career. It makes perfect sense he would be pissed that his inability to go in practice is keeping him from playing.

That’s exactly the implication that’s unnecessary IMO. Pretty easy to imagine a scenario where practice involves a lot of conditioning and drills that Damari doesn’t feel comfortable doing with his balky knees, but game time he feels capable of camping out at the 3 point line on offense and playing a few possessions of half-assed defense. That’s gotta be a very common occurrence in sports where veteran players get to a stage where they believe their game availability is more important than their practice availability.

I can understand both sides of that, but he’s an injury prone 5th year senior coming off a recent injury that obviously hasn’t healed completely. This is the end of his amateur career. It makes perfect sense he would be pissed that his inability to go in practice is keeping him from playing.
Yeah. This is where I am on this one. And I’m not Forbes out and I love his personality and his relationship with his players, but no matter what the scenario, I think his responses have been unprofessional as the adult here.

Unless it’s true. Which you seem to think may be the case.

But my point was I don’t think Forbes’ statement should be interpreted as implying that Damari could but chooses to not practice. Just that if you can’t practice then it’s hard to play.

I pray Damari finds good health and peace. It is clearly a tough situation for everyone. No need to judge either side of it. Just wish Damari the best and hope the team can move on and salvage the season
This is where I am.

I am assuming the best about both Forbes and Damari because they have earned it. And we don’t have nearly enough information to say one person is in the wrong.

Huh?

If you can't practice, you still sit on the bench with your teammates and cheer them on. Like he did for the first 18-19 games or so.

You don't make a spectacle and show up, then grab your plaque and leave.

He's clearly in a bad place and needs some help and support. I hope he gets it.

Huh?

If you can't practice, you still sit on the bench with your teammates and cheer them on. Like he did for the first 18-19 games or so.

Or even go through senior night. This is so fishy

Huh?

I think he did the exact opposite of making a spectacle

Back