• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damari Monsanto

He caused a commotion behind the scenes that affected how the senior night celebration was handled. It was disrespectful to Andrew Carr and all his other teammates. It most certainly was a spectacle. It's ok to feel bad for the guy and wish him well and also acknowledge that he handled the last two weeks and especially today very poorly.

I just really hope that he finishes up this semester and hopefully gets his Wake Degree.

I guess with so many transfers there’s going to be tough sledding keeping team chemistry together. This may be the new normal, just as fast as you can come in - you can also go out

I hope Damari can get his shit together…..but fuck this guy for being so selfish. You could see how much of a “me” guy he was by the way the ball stuck in his hand and how many bad shots he took. Yeah a few went in but most of them weren’t open, set shots! P Fred is going to be a better shooter when it’s all said and done anyway. Also, he won’t fuck up a team’s chemistry either. The fact that Forbes has put up with Damari’s shit for so long shows you how much he cares and how good of a guy Forbes is.

Can’t =/= “won’t” or “chooses to not” or “refuses”

But maybe it is implied that Damari is unhappy he’s not being allowed to play after not being able to practice…???
Damari may imply it but you won’t find many coaches that allow you to play on Saturday when you don’t practice on Thur & Fri!

I appreciate Forbes honesty, but he’s absolutely implying that Damari could practice, which isn’t really fair to the kid - Forbes basically saying he doesn’t believe Damari’s injury or pain is serious enough to be held out of practice. I don’t see the purpose of him phrasing it in such a way to imply doubt. If Damari says he’s hurt and can’t practice, just say that - the little extra “can’t practice can’t play” is unnecessary.

Forbes does this a lot, and it should be called out.

Tons of projections in this program.

Damari may imply it but you won’t find many coaches that allow you to play on Saturday when you don’t practice on Thur & Fri!
Maybe, maybe not, point is I don’t care and don’t care to know. Sometimes coaches will let on that a player is being disciplined when they are held out of games, and I suppose that’s meant to shame or humble the player, but what’s the point of Coach Forbes making a distinction between Monsanto not practicing and not playing, as it relates to an injury? If someone is too injured to play, that is self explanatory.

Catching up on this, but have some comments from Forbes at the end of my game story in the "extra points" section. Can be read here.

I promise, I'm digging on this one, but for obvious reasons, the circle is being closely held tight program wise.

Catching up on this, but have some comments from Forbes at the end of my game story in the "extra points" section. Can be read here.

I promise, I'm digging on this one, but for obvious reasons, the circle is being closely held tight program wise.
Was Jao kicked off the team or no?

Forbes does this a lot, and it should be called out.

Tons of projections in this program.
Nah, fuck all that

Forbes should be equally committed to each teenager/young adult on the team. No single person or player deserves more love or less love than the next one.

I can find absolutely no fault with how Forbes has handled this situation. Whatever Damari's issues are or are not, Forbes is also entrusted with the other guys on the team. Why should Damari get special attention?

Again, I hate it for Damari because he is clearly going through some tough shit and I wish him nothing but the best, but Forbes isn't his therapist and he isn't paid to make sure Damari is ok mentally or physically anymore than he is paid to make sure all the other players on the team are well mentally and physically.

I don't understand this proclivity to ignore the other players because one player is going through something. Maybe that makes me an asshole? I don't know, but I think of myself as extremely empathetic but Damari's well-being doesn't trump the well-being of the other 14 or so dudes on the roster. He isn't any more special than anyone else.

Back