• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Damn Air Force Academy, that's some cold ass shit

BeachBumDeac

Cheap Date
Reaction score
http://www3.gazette.com/projects/project/usafa-informant-program/

Facing pressure to combat drug use and sexual assault at the Air Force Academy, the Air Force has created a secret system of cadet informants to hunt for misconduct among students.

Cadets who attend the publicly-funded academy near Colorado Springs must pledge never to lie. But the program pushes some to do just that: Informants are told to deceive classmates, professors and commanders while snapping photos, wearing recording devices and filing secret reports.

For one former academy student, becoming a covert government operative meant not only betraying the values he vowed to uphold, it meant being thrown out of the academy as punishment for doing the things the Air Force secretly told him to do.

As a (recent) former prosecutor at USAFA, that article is almost entirely horseshit. You can take my low post count for whatever you think it's worth, but without getting into the details of those two particular individuals, the whole thing is just a meritless publicity/revenge stunt.

As a (recent) former prosecutor at USAFA, that article is almost entirely horseshit. You can take my low post count for whatever you think it's worth, but without getting into the details of those two particular individuals, the whole thing is just a meritless publicity/revenge stunt.

WFU SOL Class of what? I need to narrow down which of the two people I think you are (or you can say whether or not you are currently posting from the 'Stan, which would also likely resolve the question in my mind).

P.S. AIR POWER!

WFU SOL Class of what? I need to narrow down which of the two people I think you are (or you can say whether or not you are currently posting from the 'Stan, which would also likely resolve the question in my mind).

P.S. AIR POWER!

WFU undergrad 05.

So you are saying Mr Thomas is a liar? Sorry but I tend to believe him over the OSI.....why would he go to all this trouble (and provide such detail) to make this all up? And what about the others? Something smells awful bad here; lives/careers were ruined....damn shame! The OSI can go to great lengths to cover up their tracks.....:rulz:

I'm saying the underlying relationship is likely factually based, if horrifically skewed, and his account leaves out basic important details. As to his crucial role in a given case, greatly exaggerated for his own purposes.

I'm saying the underlying relationship is likely factually based, if horrifically skewed, and his account leaves out basic important details. As to his crucial role in a given case, greatly exaggerated for his own purposes.

Horrifically skewed by all four informants they talked to?

And his termination report seems to confirm that he gave them crucial intel, so I'm not sure if he's exaggerating his role.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-4_0Y0R1-WcdjBJZ2x1VjlXZ3c/edit

Back