• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins Article About Coach K Post Game

He left Thomas on the bench too long after his fourth foul. Thomas should have came back in when plumlee got his fourth foul.

Except that Cav drew that foul and was on the line for the 3-point play.

I thought the 4th foul on Thomas was bullshit. It looked bad because two Dukies went flying but it looked like normal contact with both guys moving and Thomas spun out of it as Jefferson lost his balance when he backed into his own guy.

Not a big K fan but there are very few that know the game any better. Reality of it is buzz coached a good game. Your silly little club will never hold any merit. Go deacs.

Your silly little club agrees with Mike Krzyzewski. That's a sad pathetic excuse for a club, in my book.

K was one of the first ones to praise Wake's hiring of Bzdelick or however the hell you spell his name. I think yes he loves having a guaranteed win. However, I wonder what are the chances his intentions are good and that he actually wants Wake to be decent. I mean didn't his daughter go to Wake? And you would think at his stage in life, he has accomplished everything imaginable, I doubt he seriously worries about who Wake may hire instead of Buzz.

I doubt Coach K cares about building Jeff [Redacted] up so Wake will keep him. K has beaten us even when we had our previous three coaches (albeit at a lower rate). He probably thinks he can win every single game Duke plays (and his record shows that he is correct around 80% of the time).

I think people are reaching when they think he has some ulterior motive to keep our head coach here. He probably doesn't give a crap what we do, but it's better overall for the ACC when Wake is good (as with any other team), so there's that.

K was one of the first ones to praise Wake's hiring of Bzdelick or however the hell you spell his name. I think yes he loves having a guaranteed win. However, I wonder what are the chances his intentions are good and that he actually wants Wake to be decent. I mean didn't his daughter go to Wake? And you would think at his stage in life, he has accomplished everything imaginable, I doubt he seriously worries about who Wake may hire instead of Buzz.

LOL

Hilarious to see Wake fans who have bought into Bzz all of the sudden making excuses for K left and right. Yeah, K just wants Wake to succeed. He would never repeat our AD's talking points as a subtle jab in a press conference. He's way too good of a guy, has no ego and is not at all competitive. He's certainly not the type of guy to twist the knife or kick someone when they're down. :wtftard:

I doubt Coach K cares about building Jeff [Redacted] up so Wake will keep him. K has beaten us even when we had our previous three coaches (albeit at a lower rate). He probably thinks he can win every single game Duke plays (and his record shows that he is correct around 80% of the time).

I think people are reaching when they think he has some ulterior motive to keep our head coach here. He probably doesn't give a crap what we do, but it's better overall for the ACC when Wake is good (as with any other team), so there's that.

I think you are right on Deacsfan27. He has been a huge proponent of getting Syracuse, Pitt, and Louisville in the ACC. Obviously there is a good chance he will be beaten by those teams, so I think his motives are one in which he wants the ACC to be the best conference.

Hilarious to see Wake fans who have bought into Bzz all of the sudden making excuses for K left and right. Yeah, K just wants Wake to succeed. He would never repeat our AD's talking points as a subtle jab in a press conference. He's way too good of a guy, has no ego and is not at all competitive. He's certainly not the type of guy to twist the knife or kick someone when they're down. :wtftard:

I by no means have bought into Bzz. I think merely that K knows he is not going anywhere. If you are a competitive guy wouldn't you rather beat the best and have a challenge instead of beating the snot out of a gimp every year?

If K was a good evaluator of coaching wouldn't he actually have a legit coaching tree by now?

Had no idea Pitino had a female assistant coach at Kentucky.

Don't like Coach K at all but I'm pretty sure part of his game preparations is not to check what the opponent's AD is saying about his coach and then be sure to work that into his post-game press conference. I would imagine it's more pride on his part that he doesn't like to be questioned or attacked so he probably doesn't like to see the same happen to other coaches, especially one so nearby.

He left Thomas on the bench too long after his fourth foul. Thomas should have came back in when plumlee got his fourth foul.

Thats minor on the scale of things, he came in one dead ball later than I would have hoped for.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the horrid officiating, or how we might have won if DG was in. [Redacted] actually did have a great game plan. First time for everything, eh?

Thats minor on the scale of things, he came in one dead ball later than I would have hoped for.

I'm surprised nobody is talking about the horrid officiating, or how we might have won if DG was in. [Redacted] actually did have a great game plan. First time for everything, eh?

agree with this post. He gets hounded when we don't play well and doesn't have the team ready.. It shouldn't be a double standard, he coached a good game.

Don't like Coach K at all but I'm pretty sure part of his game preparations is not to check what the opponent's AD is saying about his coach and then be sure to work that into his post-game press conference.

Of course that's not a part of his game prep. Who would think about what to say in a press conference during their game prep? It's something you joke about doing while shooting the shit with someone like Gminski, who been fed the AD talking points while announcing multiple Wake games this year. It's the classic Tim Duncan/Greg Newton "I think he's the greatest player I've ever seen," type deal.

agree with this post. He gets hounded when we don't play well and doesn't have the team ready.. It shouldn't be a double standard, he coached a good game.

Yes he did.

blindsquirrel.jpg

Back