• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dan Collins on Dave Glenn Show Today sometime between 1pm and 2pm

People would call you crazy for saying that it was time for Dave Odom to go in 2001 so there will always be those who are reluctant to turn on a guy with a track record of success. But the football program's regression and the woefully incompetent execution of our offensive schemes (at least Caldwell let Rusty do what Rusty did best!) is quite obvious to any observer IMO.

It's interesting that DC is still quite protective of Jim Grobe, but I think that speaks to what a character individual Coach Grobe is. However, one of his best characteristics -- his loyalty -- may be his undoing. Grobe's reluctance to cut ties with Lobo will be the cause of his ultimate demise, either in terms of his job or his legacy. That's a shame too.

At any rate, looking back (graduate in '96), I never thought I'd see the b'ball program fall to such putrid depths. Bzzdelik's coaching has me pining for the days of Raffy and Nikki when at least you felt like you had a shot to stay in the game during the majority of the ACC sked. Now I have no clue what to expect.

Yep, I mean, look at Bill Belichick. He couldn't care less about what the media thinks of him and by no means does he have a magnetic personality, yet us Patriots fans love the guy because he just wins.

Yes, but he has won 3 Super Bowls. [Redacted], on the other hand, only has won 2.

People would call you crazy for saying that it was time for Dave Odom to go in 2001 so there will always be those who are reluctant to turn on a guy with a track record of success. But the football program's regression and the woefully incompetent execution of our offensive schemes (at least Caldwell let Rusty do what Rusty did best!) is quite obvious to any observer IMO.

It's interesting that DC is still quite protective of Jim Grobe, but I think that speaks to what a character individual Coach Grobe is. However, one of his best characteristics -- his loyalty -- may be his undoing. Grobe's reluctance to cut ties with Lobo will be the cause of his ultimate demise, either in terms of his job or his legacy. That's a shame too.

At any rate, looking back (graduate in '96), I never thought I'd see the b'ball program fall to such putrid depths. Bzzdelik's coaching has me pining for the days of Raffy and Nikki when at least you felt like you had a shot to stay in the game during the majority of the ACC sked. Now I have no clue what to expect.

There were plenty of folks who were ready for Dave Odom to go in 2001, that I can assure you. Even in some of Dave's bad years he kept us relevant and we were still in the mix for the NCAA even in the years we didn't make it (exception is the NIT Championship year 2000). That doesn't mean those were good years, just shows perspective on how bad those years felt at times and they aren't even close to how bad the past few years have felt.

I think Grobes legacy is still pretty solid, even with the last 3 years. That doesn't mean there aren't valid complaints about Grobe, especially the play calling. Next year is a big year for Jim but even if he got fired next year, I think he will still be remembered pretty well. It's been mentioned several times that 10 years at a program is about the max for both sides and I think we're getting there with Grobe.

Yes, but he has won 3 Super Bowls. [Redacted], on the other hand, only has won 2.
Pardon my confusion, but what has [Redacted] won that even remotely resembles a Super Bowl? I don't follow.

Speaking of ties, wasn't our coaches show once sponsored by a clothier? Perhaps they can get involved.

Who is David? He is bringing it.

That is me. Wanted to say more but he cut me off up against the break. I was going to go in on why i think that bz was not the right fit but he cut me off. I was going to touch on grobe also but it was like he maybe thought that i knew more than him on the situation and didnt want to let me talk. Not saying that i do but thats how it seemed.
Anyway some of might not agree but i think thats what we have right now, hes our les robinson folks.

Last edited:
That is me. Wanted to say more but he cut me off up against the break. I was going to go in on why i think that bz was not the right fit but he cut me off. I was going to touch on grobe also but it was like he maybe thought that i knew more than him on the situation and didnt want to let me talk. Not saying that i do but thats how it seemed.
Anyway some of might not agree but i think thats what we have right now, hes our les robinson folks.

Most state fans I know liked Les Robinson. They just did not want him to be their coach any longer. I don't know anybody that likes Buzz...

Les had success at ETSU also. Bzzz was just a giant red flag.

Ill give you that most like liked les unlike us and bz, was just trying to compare similar situations i think in that both programs were trying to clean a lot of things up. Why on earth wellman couldnt find anyone better i dont know.

But DaveGlenn knows more about the ACC than anyone, just ask him! God that guy is such a blowhard. Glad you guys got to air some of the bzz facts. Wellman can't sit on this forever.

Yep- I live in the Raleigh area and get subjected to that blowhard attorney more than I care to on 99.9 in the afternoons.

Back