• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Daniel Green X'Factor?

Deac65

Joe Amonett
Reaction score
Sorry for starting a new thread, but some of my points are covered in different threads' Anyway, I see 3 possible scenarios for Daniel and they could all be positive(some more than others). Keep in mind he is listed at 6'10", 230lbs.

Scenario 1(probable) Coach has probably had a chance to evaluate him and feels he is not an ACC player. Since this will be his 4th. year he can be encouraged to use summer school and the coming year to graduate. I think Coach would have the moral ground to do so since he will have been here 4 yrs. This will reduce our over-loaded class to 5. He can be used to give a couple of fouls and maybe give us a physical presence for a few minutes.

Scenario 2(possible) Daniel has developed enough to give us valuable minutes in the paint. Good that nit gives us another badly needed inside guy and may lessen the necessity of having to take a big man until we can get Coach really wants.

Scenario3(we can dream) Turns out to be a quality ACC level big man helping this year and next.

not-sure-if-serious.jpg

I thought he already won nba finals mvp the last two years.

I really don't like threads calling out players, particularly one who has incurred two major injuries. Hopefully he has healed but one would expect he will play tentatively for quite a while once he comes back. It will take a while to overcome the fear of injury.

I'm left hanging, wanting three scenarios for all of our scholly players. In both hoops and gridiron. Get 'er done new thinker.

Scenario 4: Daniel Green returns from injury to become the greatest center ever at Wake Forest, surpassing the great Tim Duncan and the greatest "Daniel" since Daniel Boone. :thumbsup:

Scenario 5 (most likely):
Daniel Green returns and performs at a [name redacted]ian level of a two star rating following two major injuries and a two year hiatus. He understands he doesn't really have a professional future in basketball, but likes Wake, is comfortable with his friends and wants to enjoy the rest of college and get a degree, ala Rountree and Jones.

Last edited:
He'll have been her four years and four summers. Won't he have enough credits to graduate?

At the rate that he's going, Dr. Daniel Green will have earned his Phd by the time that his playing days are over.:D

Well, I obviously screwed the pooch with this post, at least some people had fun with it. :D

Give the kid a chance. I'd like to see him play healthy with Manning mentoring him. Who fucking knows?

If this kid gets himself back into playing condition, he deserves the admiration of every Wake fan. This would represent an amazing degree of desire and discipline.

Well, I obviously screwed the pooch with this post, at least some people had fun with it. :D

You didn't really. It's an interesting narrative, we've just played it out too many times on here. We all hope for the best, but pessimism and cynicism are our lot.

Daniel Green is graduate transferring to Arkansas-Little Rock.

Back