• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danish Tennis Star Lampoons Serena Williams

I don't see how that is racist either.

Edit: why is the thread title Danish Tennis Star... instead of Wozniacki...? She was recently #1 in the world and has been banging Rory McIlroy for the past year. People know who she is. Did you just lift the headline from whatever site is saying there is a backlash?

Don't have the time to follow Women's tennis or have the willingness to know who is fucking who in the sports world- just thought the story was funny. fwiw I don't think the girl is being racist, but just not something I would expect from a 'professional' tennis player.

Twitter blew up last night since some sorority girl at Wake tweeted something along the lines of "how do blarties get to use our resources" (blarties=black sororities and fraternities) and tweet was in reference to them using the barn and getting a lounge. A black student saw the tweet and led a crusade against this girl and all the athletes were tweeting about it. It was getting kind of crazy and I'm surprised it wasn't posted on here. But it basically ended up where a bunch of people tweeted shit to the sorority girl and were saying that racism was alive and well on campus.

For those of you who don't know the back story. In November the black fraternity on campus hosted a party in the barn in November and a bunch of WSSU students came to that. The party ended in a massive brawl with multiple people being arrested and/or sent to the hospital.

Isn't the Barn a student facility?

Yes it is. Its built in the woods behind palmer and piccolo. The school let's student organizations rent/use it for parties/functions.

So who is "our" in "our resources"?

So who is "our" in "our resources"?

Since Wake doesn't have enough black students to have their own greek system, those students have to join WSSU frats and sororities. Wake lets those groups use Wake facilities sometimes, even though most of the students attending the events are from WSSU. I'm about 100% sure that's what she was talking about. Her use of "our" was a poor choice, but I think she meant Wake students or greeks, not white people.

Last edited:
Serena is a heffer. That has nothing to do with race, or any racial stereotyping. So, pointing it out, or making fun of it, isn't racist.

If a frat throws a party on campus (or off) that leads to a brawl the frat can expect trouble with the administration. Race is irrelevant. If the girl with the dumb tweet thought that only WSSU frats and sororities were involved, then her tweet would be mainly just uninformed. If she was excluding Wake's black frats and sororities in using the term we, then she was making a racist, and stupid, tweet. Come to think of it, most tweets I have read are pretty dumb.

The Danish aren't racist. Only people in the southern United States are racist.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zwarte_Piet

Last year around Christmas my roommate who was dutch hung up a bunch of pictures of the Christmas celebration in Holland. A lot of fun explaining why we had pictures of dudes in black face with Santa clause

Here is the excerpt from Rolling Stone:

"There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean, seriously, give it a rest." Serena exits the car and the conversation moves on to a top-five player who is now in love. "She begins every interview with 'I'm so happy. I'm so lucky' – it's so boring," says Serena in a loud voice. "She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And, hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it." (An educated guess is she's talking about Sharapova, who is now dating Grigor Dimitrov, one of Serena's rumored exes.)

Back