• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Credibility Watch

He didn't turn us down March 20th. I never said that.

LK said that. Seriously is that hard to just read?

"We knew by the end of the first weekend of the tournament that we weren't getting Stevens or Alford. We had AD Staff in San Jose that week running down that possibility,and being rejected, while our AD and team was in New Orleans prepping for our own games."

FWIW, I don't know who is right. Your account is certainly the common wisdom because it just makes a lot of sense, but I don't know that there was ever any inside information to confirm or deny it.

I had never heard LK's version before.

There's WAY better chance LK has the right story than RJ. RJ makes up shit and publishes it for a living in addition to being a professional message board poster in the great state of CA. LK actually lives around Winston-Salem, attends games and interacts with other donors, staff, etc.

FWIW, I don't know who is right. Your account is certainly the common wisdom because it just makes a lot of sense, but I don't know that there was ever any inside information to confirm or deny it.

I had never heard LK's version before.

But you challenged it. Let's assume it's only "common sense" (as you describe it). Why challenge it?

As to Ayo's "victim", I LOVE that. It's HILARIOUS.

Please don't interrupt. If we can get RChill and RJ arguing, the rest of us will be able to carry on discussing reality.

Don’t let me get in the way of your “discussion.” Just throw me on ignore and carry on with your “Manning’s as bad as [Redacted], I should be the coach, woe is me” circle jerk. Or you could actually just join the discussion.

But you challenged it. Let's assume it's only "common sense" (as you describe it). Why challenge it?

I never challenged it. What I did challenge was you using LK's version as support for your version. They can't both be true.

Don’t let me get in the way of your “discussion.” Just throw me on ignore and carry on with your “Manning’s as bad as [Redacted], I should be the coach, woe is me” circle jerk. Or you could actually just join the discussion.

i don't think anyone claimed he's as bad as buzz, just that he's not good

I think this discussion has turned into a Standoff !!

Wouldn't you like to know how the coaching search really ended by RJKarl

Reactions: Ayo

13437434_576057535910981_1912464803_n.jpg

This board will still suck when we get a new coach.

This board will suck because we suck. Losing doesn’t just happen. It is a product of horrible decisions. We make them. No one else. We choose to suck. Our alums are complicit in the Joel and tolerating Wellman. We are ultimately in charge and not enough of us are willing to force the issue. As a result of our inadequate failures in life, Wake Forest basketball remains a failure.

Too bad. No way they’d tolerate that at Duke or UNC.

Can we move on from the hare brained ideas about how we struck out on Stevens? Before RJ loses steam, we need to get to the hare brained ideas about how we struck out on Shaka because we didn't offer his wife a tenured professorship.

Back