• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning Joins ESPN

Basically yeah. But they’re a little more charismatic.

Didn’t she come up a lot on the board because her son was a basketball walk on?

I mean aren't most basketball analysts failed coaches?

Danny will fit right in.

I think there's "failed" in the sense you used it, and then there's "failed" in the sense that DM failed. DM way out-failed any of his ESPN colleagues.

There is absolutely NO doubt that Manning understands the game of basketball. IMHO, I think he might do quite well as an analyst.

His ability to effectively TEACH and COACH the game are almost non-existent. Two entirely different skillsets.

Why do you he understands the game aside from his ability to play it? Someone can play a game well without understanding it at a macro level.

Why do you he understands the game aside from his ability to play it? Someone can play a game well without understanding it at a macro level.

IMHO, I think he might do quite well as an analyst.

Anyone know if Manning is still in the Winston area?

According to his twitter account he still is. This also is how he describes himself on twitter: 'Accomplished American basketball coach, 15-year NBA veteran, a premier name in the world of basketball.'

Accomplished coach my ass.

According to his twitter account he still is. This also is how he describes himself on twitter: 'Accomplished American basketball coach, 15-year NBA veteran, a premier name in the world of basketball.'

Well he accomplished the feat of simply becoming an American basketball coach, but he sure as hell hasn't accomplished much as an American basketball coach.

Still lives across the street from my son's in-laws.

I guess he is an American basketball coach. The accomplished part is/was more like dopey, slow, uninvolved and lost on the sidelines, while losing on the scoreboard to crap teams.

He was quite accomplished at losing 20 games a season. :dumb:

Back