• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Manning replacement search thread

FROM FACEBOOK:

Andy Hummel‎ to Demon Deacon Sports Nation
15 hrs ·
Any chance we can hire a good head coach and keep Danny as an assistant? That’s where he shines. Finally DEACS play a full game. Great 1st half’s most of ACC play.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately alot of the big donors like the direction we are trending. They think Manning is coaching alot better the last 10 games or so. Last night they felt a big step was taken forward for the future.

Unfortunately alot of the big donors like the direction we are trending. They think Manning is coaching alot better the last 10 games or so. Last night they felt a big step was taken forward for the future.

I concur with this statement. As long as no one gets between them and a reserved table at River Birch or Paul's after defeating the heels, life is fine and dandy!

And for those who think I'm being sarcastic, bigboy, the floor is yours.

I cant stand for this shit. Wake Forest wont get a dime from me til Manning is gone. And that includes all other sports. Makes me sick to my stomach.

if that's the case then it never really mattered

If that's your standard, Ritchie McKay is your man. Time with Tony Bennett, P5 HC experience, one NCAAT win, and currently more local than Croy.

McKay's team also beat Pat Kelsey's Winthrop team (at Winthrop) this week.

McKay wouldn't be an awful safety pick. He's actually not as old (54) as I had thought.

Can you imagine an athletic department that actually functions this way? Who gives a shit what the win total ends up? Wake is going to end up at best in the bottom half of a 4 bid league. The season sucked, no argument can be made against that. If Currie is sitting there saying 2 more & he stays, then shut the whole thing down today.

Manning is headed towards the 5th losing season in 6 seasons, and perhaps another 20 game losing season.

HE GONE!

I guess the big donors are the freaks who sit courtside and walk to the locker room area at halftime. If they keep Manning around for another year, they will have the Joel to themselves. WFU could be decent next year with a new coach and Sarr, Brown, Mucious, Massoud and Ody returning; however, the drastic drop in recruiting will really hurt us the next year or two unless the new coach can sign some studs quickly.

Last edited:

Ya - that is exactly what I'm hearing too. I suspect it is easier to justify such bullshit vs. spend ~10M on a buyout.

saw this on twitter. guess who it made me think of?

Would any other school allow this shitshow to happen for 10 years goin on 11??? And the answer is NO.

Ya - that is exactly what I'm hearing too. I suspect it is easier to justify such bullshit vs. spend ~10M on a buyout.

So what happened to change all "the money is there" messages we have been getting?

I actively feel ill reading those posts above. There's no way the AD can let this go on. The ACC Network payout money on its own this year will be enough to justify the first couple of buyout installments, particularly given a lot of ACC schools booked significantly less at the beginning of the year thinking that it wouldn't get the carriage it did. There's no excuse.

Back