• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Danny Mannings Last Season?

DM was left with more talent and it takes far longer in football to rebuild a program. DM, at a minimum, needs a defensive coordinator.
Football coaches are frequently ordered to shake up their staff. I wonder if RW would do that with Manning? Randolph is safe but what about the others? Maybe a Bobby Lutz type (former successful HC elsewhere) would be beneficial. Maybe Lutz would be interested (j/k).

Football coaches are frequently ordered to shake up their staff. I wonder if RW would do that with Manning? Randolph is safe but what about the others? Maybe a Bobby Lutz type (former successful HC elsewhere) would be beneficial. Maybe Lutz would be interested (j/k).
Why? He absolutely shouldn't be.

Manning should not be going. Wellman should immediately head for hell on a pogo stick.

I'd bet Dave Odom would be interested.

I'd take that in a heartbeat, especially from the defensive standpoint. Associate head coach for a couple years to help Danny right the ship, not sure he'd do it though.

Bobby Lutz has officially removed himself for consideration for a WF assistant job. :thumbsup:

I'd take that in a heartbeat, especially from the defensive standpoint. Associate head coach for a couple years to help Danny right the ship, not sure he'd do it though.

+1. This would make a ton of sense. GDO is a good teacher/mentor/advisor. If everyone involved could check their egos at the door, it could work.

Did DM's Tulsa teams play good defense? Just asking--I have no idea. But if he knows how to coach defense presumably it would have shown itself there.

The college basketball landscape has changed and Wake Forest is moving backwards in a free fall into irrelevancy.

Wake Forest is already completely irrelevant. If I'm not mistaken, we boast 1 NCAA Tourney appearance in a decade. We would be on pace to break our own milestone (cheers Bz)for worst ACC record in the history of the league if not for BC. On paper we have an extremely mediocre class on the way and no schollys to change things in the near future. For the first time in my life I've officially given up on Wake athletics.... We are so bad at everything, it just brings me down.....really sucks

Our staff, starting at the top, is laughably inexperienced for an ACC program. Honestly, it's a little ridiculous Wellman let it happen in the first place (no, I am not saying he should have dictated the staff, but he should have given Manning appropriate guidance).

Wellman is an incompetent fool, supported by the powers that be because he built Deacon Tower, a place that I am certain I will never visit.

Coach Jeff finished his last season at 17-16 and was on a upward trajectory. I honestly do not understand why he wasnt retained. However, DM has to be given time to build. If he is not in the NCAA by year 6 he should be relieved of his duties.

Coach Jeff finished his last season at 17-16 and was on a upward trajectory. I honestly do not understand why he wasnt retained. However, DM has to be given time to build. If he is not in the NCAA by year 6 he should be relieved of his duties.

You serious, Clark?

Back