• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Bush signs with Phillies

Freakindeacon33

Reaction score
http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.co...14&content_id=23201390&vkey=news_phi&c_id=phi

A Philly-area native (I went to high school with him). Will report to Triple A. Hope he makes it back to the big. Considering what a great closer he was at Wake, I wonder if he could have a future as a reliever? I once asked a Wake player who was the toughest pitcher he ever faced in practice, and I expected him to say Kyle Sleeth, but he didn't hesitate to say Bush.

Well damn. Hopefully he doesn't stay there long so I don't have to hate him. Hope he does make it back to the show soon though.

I think we had a poster or two who went to his HS (Conestoga). They were in my HS league.

http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.co...14&content_id=23201390&vkey=news_phi&c_id=phi

A Philly-area native (I went to high school with him). Will report to Triple A. Hope he makes it back to the big. Considering what a great closer he was at Wake, I wonder if he could have a future as a reliever? I once asked a Wake player who was the toughest pitcher he ever faced in practice, and I expected him to say Kyle Sleeth, but he didn't hesitate to say Bush.

Interesting - because he was there with mike Mac and Danny borrell, who were both pretty damn good. Was hoping to see Bush stick with the Cubs cause we needed him, but our management thought rodrigo lope and Ramon Ortiz were better...... Idiots.

I think it's ironic that Bush was a closer in college and McDougal was a starter(I'm pretty sure), and that in the majors the roles were reversed.:werd:

Bush is a big Phillies fan and has said it was his dream to play for them, so he's got to be psyched to get the chance to work his way back up with the Phils and hopefully make the fall roster.

Bush is a big Phillies fan and has said it was his dream to play for them, so he's got to be psyched to get the chance to work his way back up with the Phils and hopefully make the fall roster.

I don't think there's a chance in hell, but hey, you never know. But there's talk that the Vanimal might not even make the postseason roster.

Assuming everyone's healthy and you only carry the Big 4 plus seven relievers... Madson, Bastardo, Lidge, Stutes and Kendrick are locks. Contreras, if healthy, likely makes it. So Bush would be battling with Worley, Herndon (who actually has been pretty decent this season) and Juan Perez for the last spot. Of course, it's two spots if Contreras doesn't come back. Still tough.

what year did you graduate from stoga?

Philly what HS did you go to?

I went to Haverford High....Connestoga wasn't very competitve in boys sports when I was in HS.

I don't think there's a chance in hell, but hey, you never know. But there's talk that the Vanimal might not even make the postseason roster.

Assuming everyone's healthy and you only carry the Big 4 plus seven relievers... Madson, Bastardo, Lidge, Stutes and Kendrick are locks. Contreras, if healthy, likely makes it. So Bush would be battling with Worley, Herndon (who actually has been pretty decent this season) and Juan Perez for the last spot. Of course, it's two spots if Contreras doesn't come back. Still tough.

Dubee seems open to the idea of using a sixth starter down the stretch to relieve the big guys, so that might be his best opportunity. Likely no post-season, but still a chance to contribute to the season and play for his home town team.

It's always fun when the local guys get a shot at the team. Even if they are from 'Stoga.

Bush pitched some for the Rangers this year. He's bad. Really, really bad.

Philly what HS did you go to?

I went to Haverford High....Connestoga wasn't very competitve in boys sports when I was in HS.

Conestoga is pretty good now. Mark Herzlich went there, helping the football team win Central League titles in '04 and '05. The baseball and boys tennis teams both won state titles this year. The ice hockey team is perennially one of the best in the area among public schools, reaching the state final a few years ago when my brothers played. The soccer team won the Central League title last season.

Also, on the girls side, Jill Hutchinson went to Conestoga (same class as Herzlich) before going on to become Wake Forest's all-time leading scorer in women's soccer.

Back