• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson Credibility Watch

Griffis is a paid athlete. He can take comfort in his NIL dollars. However, I’m more pissed at Clawson for continuing to play him.
Yeah but he's still a college kid and by all accounts not a POS at all.

Shitty QB != Shitty human

Just ask Windy, he knows all about Tiers of garbage humanity.

My guess is Dave would have to have 2 more very bad seasons to even be considered on a hot seat

Getting Grobe-like burned out vibes from Clawson. Not picking grass yet that I can tell.
Clawson may have to set the clock back to 2014 and rebuild from scratch if enough players leave.

"We've lost our way, Stan... I'm mad at myself for letting it get to this point."
"If not for a fluky win at Pitt, it's much worse."
"I've done a poor job preparing the team for the schedule we had."

He credited the defense for a good effort in the 2nd half. They only allowed 3 points, two missed FG drives, and the game clinching drive.

Last edited:
Clawson: "We didn't have energy, we were not inspired, we've lost our way. I'm mad at myself."

Clawson: "We didn't have energy, we were not inspired, we've lost our way. I'm mad at myself."

Oh boy.

I just got home. Was at the game. If you think it looked bad on TV, it was far worse in person. This team is DONE. It's amazing that a miss on one position can implode an entire team but I believe that's where we are.

At least Clawson is looking at himself. This is completely on him. I give him credit for accepting it. 10 years ago, Grobe was giving us postgame crap like, "When they're ready to win, they'll win" before heading out for a quick 9 holes.

Marucci overcame his setbacks against Pitt and put together a game-winning drive with a game-winning TD pass. It was the best moment of the season, but Clawson sent a message to the team that a clutch performance doesn't matter by not rewarding Marucci for a job well-done. He gave the ball back to Griffis and we're stuck where we are.

We must have a good QB. Teams are putting 8 in the box and we can’t run it against the really good defenses. Our QB has to be able to sling it and our WRs have to make plays. Neither is happening.

If Clawson can’t figure out how to win in this new era then that’s on him. This team does not lack talent. They are not a bunch of freshmen. The coaching has been abysmal. I can’t believe the lack of heart shown today on Senior Day. At this moment, I am officially Clawson Out. But at the very least I want Coach R out.

Back