• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Genn just gave 5 minutes of Love to Grobe is about to have Dan Collins on 99.9

Goolsbyrules

Reaction score
Dave Glenn just spent 5 minutes saying how great Grobe is, very nice tribute. I wish Grobe could be AD.

I wish Grobe could be AD.

That's nearly as bad as the calls for Childress to lead the basketball team. Why would we want a guy who was loyal to his own detriment to be in charge of hiring and firing decisions when nepotism is already our biggest issue with the current AD?

That's nearly as bad as the calls for Childress to lead the basketball team. Why would we want a guy who was loyal to his own detriment to be in charge of hiring and firing decisions when nepotism is already our biggest issue with the current AD?

Plus, AD is more about finances, facilitites, and conference alignments these days. The era of ex-football coaches semi-retiring as a figurehead AD is long gone.

AD has to make key personnel decisions. Keeping Lobo around shows Grobe isn't capable of doing that.

Shit, I wish Matt Millen could be the AD. Anything is better than the mess we have now.

We need an AD that is responsive to the fan base or at least pretends to be responsive.

I had basically this same reaction when a friend posted grobe to AD on his Facebook. Then out of the blue Jerry Haas' wife pops into the thread and says something like "as the wife of a college coach and personal friend of Ron Wellman, how about some respect and stop the public shaming"? My friend promptly deleted the thread.

I was not going to respond on FB even if he had left it up, but if I had responded, I would have said something like "Mr. Wellman gets paid a shitload of money to be the public face of a failing athletic department, I would appreciate it if he would stop publicly shaming my alma mater". Maybe the most random interaction I've ever had on FB.

We need an AD that is responsive to the fan base or at least pretends to be responsive.

In my list of priorities for an AD, "responsive to the fanbase" is not very high on my list. He shouldn't insult the fanbase, but the fanbase will ultimately be happy if the programs are successful and unhappy if they programs are not.

In my list of priorities for an AD, "responsive to the fanbase" is not very high on my list. He shouldn't insult the fanbase, but the fanbase will ultimately be happy if the programs are successful and unhappy if they programs are not.

Totally agree. The AD can't be listening to every one of us lunatics. Our opinions change play-by-play and game-by-game.

I had basically this same reaction when a friend posted grobe to AD on his Facebook. Then out of the blue Jerry Haas' wife pops into the thread and says something like "as the wife of a college coach and personal friend of Ron Wellman, how about some respect and stop the public shaming"? My friend promptly deleted the thread.

I was not going to respond on FB even if he had left it up, but if I had responded, I would have said something like "Mr. Wellman gets paid a shitload of money to be the public face of a failing athletic department, I would appreciate it if he would stop publicly shaming my alma mater". Maybe the most random interaction I've ever had on FB.

Yeah, because seven figure salaried employees of $50 million+ budget organizations should never be questioned in public. That's just not the Wake Forest way. Neither is winning, it seems, based on Jerry's time as a coach at Wake.

Yeah, because seven figure salaried employees of $50 million+ budget organizations should never be questioned in public. That's just not the Wake Forest way. Neither is winning, it seems, based on Jerry's time as a coach at Wake.

I'm just glad I'm not FB friends with anyone seriously connected to WFU athletics. Would be unpleasant at times.

I agree with this. I get the sense that people here expect the AD and coaches to be their best friends. Who cares as long as they're getting their job done?

Haas needs firing too. No wonder she is sucking up to Wellman.

Haas needs firing too. No wonder she is sucking up to Wellman.

I think my comment she was responding to said something like "a lot of people need firing". Guess she's a bit sensitive to that kind of #realtalk.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Back