• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

David Feherty Interview with Curtis Strange

Ernest T Deacon

Reaction score
Great segment. Several references to, and pictures of, Strange at Wake. Strange said his 3 years at Wake were "the best 3 years of my life."

He played on perhaps the greatest golf team every assembled. He was probably killing it at the Kappa Sig house when he was in town.

wait, I was waiting on listening to this interview later on in the day and its not linked in the thread?

1 post rule

Love Feherty. Great show.

Curtis was a tough competitor. Glad he's a deac

Feherty is really good and the accent sells well in the USA. Strange came across as authentic and vulnerable at points, more likeable than I expected. Entertaining interview. I am glad that his wife is doing well.

Feherty is really good and the accent sells well in the USA. Strange came across as authentic and vulnerable at points, more likeable than I expected. Entertaining interview. I am glad that his wife is doing well.

David is so open with his own struggles he makes people want to open up. He's a real breath of fresh air in a lot of ways.

I'm a little young to recall his career specifically but feherty makes it seem like he was a hack. But he played at least one Ryder cup (war by the shore at Kiawah) so he was at least an above average professional.

David is so open with his own struggles he makes people want to open up. He's a real breath of fresh air in a lot of ways.

I'm a little young to recall his career specifically but feherty makes it seem like he was a hack. But he played at least one Ryder cup (war by the shore at Kiawah) so he was at least an above average professional.

As we watched the interview I commented to my wife that Feherty is so self-effacing that he makes the people he interviews more comfortable and at the same time appears more likeable to the viewers. I vaguely remember him as a player. He was no hack. But he is the most entertaining golf personality on TV.

As we watched the interview I commented to my wife that Feherty is so self-effacing that he makes the people he interviews more comfortable and at the same time appears more likeable to the viewers. I vaguely remember him as a player. He was no hack. But he is the most entertaining golf personality on TV.

I think the show has really improved. His interview with Tom Watson was amazing. And Lee Trevino was priceless when he asked him how he would fix Tiger's swing. "You're Tiger effin Woods, what?"

Does anyone know where in NC Curtis lives? It appeared to be his main residence, not a vacation home.

Def Morehead City, right on the water. I have a friend who keep his boat right there in his backyard. House had a Deacon flag when I last down there.

Yes in Morehead City. I was behind a car there a few years ago and the license plate said "2USOPENS". Obviously it was Curtis. Bawce

He loves fishing the Big Rock. We're heading to our place down there in two weeks. Can't wait!

It was filmed at a hunting lodge where he owns a place. Ive played with Curtis a couple of times. Also played with his twin brother a couple times. He looks like Curtis, swings like Curtis, and is a really nice guy. Goes around and people will ask for his autograph because they are identical. He then signs "Allen strange." Says people will walk away and mutter stuff like "I told you he was an asshole. Look, he didn't even sign his own name..." He gives Curtis hell.

Back