• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DC Navy Yard Shootings

Two mass shootings at military facilities in our recent history. Doesn't encourage a great deal of confidence in our national defense.

Two mass shootings at military facilities in our recent history. Doesn't encourage a great deal of confidence in our national defense.

Nonsense.

You pick any other fighting force in the world. I'll stick with the US military, and sleep far better than you.

If you like firearms, like to collect them, like to shoot them, etc. you like to be able to buy them when you want to - without background checks or waiting periods.

Having a concealed carry permit doesn't necessarily mean you are a violent gun nut, or that you even want to carry a concealed weapon.

Sounds like a violent gun nut to me.

Nonsense.

You pick any other fighting force in the world. I'll stick with the US military, and sleep far better than you.

Special Air Service, dude. Without a doubt.

U.S. Army Special Forces next, of course.

without really getting into it, this is the stupidest thing i've read today by a long shot.

It's sick how the media contacts the families of the deceased in the aftermath of a tragedy like this.

Oui Suthamtewakul, owner of The Happy Bowl, a Thai restaurant where Aaron Alexis worked in Fort Worth, Tex., told The Post’s Leslie Minora that the suspected shooter was a drinker and video game player who always carried his gun and was suspicious of American women.

“He’s a 13-year-old stuck in a 34 year-old-body,” Suthamtewakul told reporters outside the restaurant Monday night. “He needs attention.”

“He always hit on girls,” including some restaurant customers, Suthamtewakul recalled. When he did that, Suthamtewakul would scold him: “You know you can’t do that,” he would say.

“He liked to hang out with Thai people … he had a problem with American women,” Suthamtewakul said, explaining that Alexis believed they talked too much and wanted too much money.

Alexis moved out of Suthamtewakul’s home in July, he said. Asked what he will remember most about Alexis, Suthamteakul said: “Him with a Heineken.”

“He can start drinking at 9:30 in the morning,” Suthamteakul added. “He’s not an alcoholic, he just drinks a lot.”

Alexis played video games in his room and liked the game “Call of Duty,” Suthamteakul said.

Michael Ritrovato, another friend, confirmed that Alexis spent a lot of time playing video games, shooting games in particular.

“If there was ever a problem with Aaron, that was it,” said Ritrovato, who met Alexis at a Thai festival in Keller, Texas.

Alexis also carried a gun “at all times,” Suthamteakul recalled — specifically, a .45-caliber handgun that Alexis would keep with him at the restaurant.

Suthamteakul said he was “shocked” to learn the news on Monday. “When I heard the news today — that’s just not him,” he said.

“I can’t believe he did that – if he did that,” he added.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/liveblog/wp/2013/09/16/shooting-at-washington-navy-yard/?hpid=z2&Post+generic=%3Ftid%3Dsm_twitter_washingtonpost#liveblog-entry-17971

There's a lot of reasons that people have concealed carry permits. Two of the biggest are that you are "preapproved" as far as background check purposes and another is it makes it easier to transport to and from places like the shooting range.

If you roll with a concealed carry, I have a hard time believing you are a "gentle" guy.

Sounds like a violent gun nut to me.

More of us than you'd think have CCP's, and we're not all violent gun nuts. To be honest, I'm not sure that my name and the word violent have ever been placed in the same sentence.

Thankfully they shut down a subreddit about finding more info on the shooter.

Not a mass shooting, but a soldier killed a Lieutenant Colonel and himself and wounded two others at Fort Bragg last year.

Still, our country is pretty safe.

More of us than you'd think have CCP's, and we're not all violent gun nuts. To be honest, I'm not sure that my name and the word violent have ever been placed in the same sentence.

Violent diarrhea excluded?

Disturbed person, mental problems, video games. Wow its so different this time. Call of Duty is a great gift for your kids. Lets see. Guns have been around for hundreds of years. What is new in the past 20? Video games and mind altering drugs. With give them both to 5 year olds like candy.

Last edited:
Oh I know. Crazy American woman wanting to be with a guy with a decent job. Nutcases!!!!

Disturbed person, mental problems, video games. Wow its so different this time. Call of Duty is a great gift for your kids. Lets see. Guns have been around for hundreds of years. What is new in the past 20? Video games and mind altering drugs. With give them both to 5 year olds like candy.

Mind altering drugs are new in the past 20 years?

The Call of Duty series has sold well over 100 Million copies. So, that's just a ridiculous point.

Back