• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacon Club Tailgating Email

Yes I know, you and I talked about the day they did the survey. I will say that if nothing else this year it needs to be someone needs to be with the tailgate. Stop the leaving stuff overnight and not showing up until 1 to 2 hrs before the game.

Ahh, now I know who you are. Glad you made your way over.

Our group will just take the spots left when we arrive and set up. I am in no mood to pay for a reserved spot in the gold lot.

I'm not quite sure how much they can do with the orange lot and parts of the Blue Lot without taking away significant parking spaces from the Pepsi Building. I'd say leave the gold lot as is, and renovate the red lot into our own version of The Grove. We've got some killer tailgates (most are represented on ogboards), but there will always be a contigent that prefers to tailgate like you mentioned wfunme. I don't think universally changing all the spaces will ever be economical or the best thing to do. I do think it's quite possible to organize tailgating in a way to appeal to all facets, from the weekend warriors to the Bojangles boxed lunch 1hr prior to kickoff crowd.

I'm not quite sure how much they can do with the orange lot and parts of the Blue Lot without taking away significant parking spaces from the Pepsi Building. I'd say leave the gold lot as is, and renovate the red lot into our own version of The Grove. We've got some killer tailgates (most are represented on ogboards), but there will always be a contigent that prefers to tailgate like you mentioned wfunme. I don't think universally changing all the spaces will ever be economical or the best thing to do. I do think it's quite possible to organize tailgating in a way to appeal to all facets, from the weekend warriors to the Bojangles boxed lunch 1hr prior to kickoff crowd.

That, and I think there could possibly be some tailgate areas setup under the trees between Baity street and the blue lot. The terrain is difficult and may limit how many you could do, but something like a State Park picnic shelter that could be rented on a per game or per season basis, and has room for a caterer to setup, maybe an included TV, etc, would work well for some of the gold lot tailgates or for when Wake hosts various groups at games.

Yes, I think it would not be a good idea to mess with the gold for a variety a reasons. Looking at the Gold on game day there are only any day long tailgates along the grass areas on the north and south sides. The Red would be the best option as there is already a start there with the RV spots. It could easily be done in small scales if the intrest is not there to start, but I would bet intrest would grow each year.

P.S. Tsy - what game or games are we going to do an all nighter this year (hopefully when not 25mph winds).

Clemson may be the most appealing. Sadly, there isnt much of a big time OOC slate this year. At least compared to last year.

Dieharddeacon has a great synopsis of ours from last year. You should be able to find it, it happened during the state tailgate last year. Basically some people put their stuff in our very well established spot, and left. We moved said stuff 5 ft, they came back and were all sorts of pissy. DHD made reference to all sorts of farm animals and was not too complimentary to their lady folk.

Moooooo U

And Racer,I was on my 2nd while fixing breakfast for everyone. I tried to be much more behaved this past year...even succeeded once or twice

Would we bump it up to a Thursday night game? I'd love for it to be our biggest game of the year. I just dont see myself getting all hyped up to play Liberty.

Would we bump it up to a Thursday night game? I'd love for it to be our biggest game of the year. I just dont see myself getting all hyped up to play Liberty.

but hyped to tailgate.

i'm just in my normal pre-spring practice can't wait to tailgate mode

Clemson sounds like a good one to do an all nighter. Hopefully the weather would be better so more would get involved.

Back