• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Deacs at Snowicanes 12pm

I see what you're saying but the logic is flawed. If things were going well without CMM, Manning could have managed to keep it that way by limiting his minutes and negative impact on the team.

Ehh. I don't know. This team reminds me a lot of 2005-06. Something (other than CP3) just isn't there.

These are really hard games but I don't think we are maximizing our talent this season. Lots of disorganization.

Agreed. And that's on the staff. Not that we are supremely talented but we aren't putting the little bit of talent we have in the best position to win.

All joking aside re: thousands of threads, Codi has been total shit this year. If he weren't a senior with past collegiate results that showed he performed well he would play like 10 minutes a game max.

I don't post on here very often but I have to vent. I really feel bad for Devin. I think he has given it his all for 4 years and it's all coming down to this piece of crap team. I also feel bad for Codi because he's totally lost whatever it was that he had to contribute. He's a total liability on offense now.
Remember the picture of Gaudio sitting on the bench with that totally lost look on his face? You can now replace that one with a million pics of Manning-like he has no clue what to do. He's the only coach I've ever seen that absolutely refuses to call a timeout when his team is floundering. Does he really think that 'playing through it' is really going to help? I'm really beginning to doubt that he was a good choice for a coach.

Even when it was close I doubt any Wake fans that follow the team thought we had any chance to actually win this game.

Another abysmal offensive performance. Rinse, repeat.

I just think Manning is giving credit to CMM, Dinos, and Mitch for past performance. There were times in the 2nd half when we went back to the lineup that worked at the end of the 1st half. So I think he recognizes it. But will he stick with it? It's time to make the change though. Defensively, we just suck with CMM, Dinos, and Mitch on the floor. They give up way too many points for us to win games.

I can understand Manning's position. CMM has done a lot in the past. He's a senior. So sitting him now, when he's been a starter for 4 years is difficult. But Manning has to show wins for recruiting. He has to do it for his job. But really, the biggest offenders are Mitch and Dinos.

I posted this on another thread, but I believe its relevant.

I really feel bad for CMM because its not like he isn't trying/putting forth effort, he just isn't a starting ACC PG. What i really wonder is if either CMM or Manning actually realize that CMM is a liability to this team. Furthermore, if Manning doesn't realize that CMM is a liability, then I'm really worried about his "In-Game" ability to coach

Even when it was close I doubt any Wake fans that follow the team thought we had any chance to actually win this game.

Another abysmal offensive performance. Rinse, repeat.

I actually napped through the game. I woke up and saw on my phone that the score was 48-48. Otherwise I would have gone back to sleep.

I don't think we are playing our best players enough.

But I must not be able to identify our best players!

JC and GoldenDoral are bright spots, but it's absurd that we are wasting DT. Hard to say he isn't one of the top 3 big men in the ACC, yet will be on another ACC bottom feeder.

I've not questioned Manning up until now. His lineups are not strategic. They're completely random. We don't try to create match up schemes on offense or defense and we don't seem to care to try and manage the game. Danny's inability to use a TO in order to regain or keep momentum on either side of the ball is plain bad coaching. There's really no other way to explain it. And we look like we don't give a shit. That starts at the top. Very disappointed right now. Hope we can turn it around. Go Deacs

We lose for a lot of reasons, but if we fixed them all we'd be undefeated. I think it comes down to three main issues
1) We simply don't have even average shooting guards or small forwards, costs us 6 to 8 points per game - hopefully next year corrects that
2) We play terrible defense, costs us 6 to 8 points per game
3) We give the other team too many Offensive Rebounds, costs us 4 to 6 points per game - this is inexcusable as rebounding is positioning and desire

Add that all up and we probably have 4 more wins - even with all the other issues

We lose for a lot of reasons, but if we fixed them all we'd be undefeated. I think it comes down to three main issues
1) We simply don't have even average shooting guards or small forwards, costs us 6 to 8 points per game - hopefully next year corrects that
2) We play terrible defense, costs us 6 to 8 points per game
3) We give the other team too many Offensive Rebounds, costs us 4 to 6 points per game - this is inexcusable as rebounding is positioning and desire

Add that all up and we probably have 4 more wins - even with all the other issues

2) Actually costs us probably 15 points per game.

I remember when RJ said last year what Codi needed most was actually a PG like Crawford so he can play off the ball more. Lol, well said, Rick!

Does that mean we're 6-8 or 15 points worse than the average D? The D is responsible for most points other teams get.

Remember when we started the season off pretty good and we thought, "Damn when we get Cody and Hudson back, we're going to be really good?"Facepalm

Remember when we started the season off pretty good and we thought, "Damn when we get Cody and Hudson back, we're going to be really good?"Facepalm

Who knew that it would actually be Rondale who would deliver us?!?!?!?!?

Back